Hey there, I have some basic knowledge of website (html/css). I can do what I need to with the basics, but we need something a little better. What I need help with is getting something setup on our server computer that can run more complex stuff.
What i have been playing with lately is 'Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express' and would like to use the ASP.NET website they allow you to make. I'm really not sure exactly what I need to get it hosted on the computer for others to see.

One program I am using right now that is straightforward with hosting HTML sites is 'HSF Http File Server'. It works really well and is what I use to host our patch installs for the players to download.

I am really new to the more in-depth website hosting, I have used free hosting before to do some stuff but nothing on a server computer that I log into with remote desktop.

If someone could help me out getting setup that would be well appreciated.

My preferred chat right now has been ICQ - 675317042
But I also have Skype(no-mic) msg me for contact info

After doing some more reading I think i might want to go with wordpress. I have a test Wordpress site up on one of my free hosts but i would still like some help getting mysql setup on the Server Computer and also anything else i might need to be able to have it visible to others.

Any comments, suggestions, or answers that may help?

Back