1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome To ServUO!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Insanity, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Hello everyone, and welcome to ServUO. The new home for what was known as the ForkUO project, among other various community projects and related content. ServUO aims to be an open and un-biased community for Ultima Online fans and developers. While there isn't much yet, things will begin to take shape over the next month or so, as I'm currently in the process of moving.

Currently the site/forum is setup with phpbb (sorry) although I aim to purchase a copy of XenForo next week and upgrade to it! So expect some downtime this coming Friday. If you'd like to donate to the funds to purchase an XenForo license, you may do so by using this link.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... W8U383Q8J2

Currently the funds are at: $65
    Needed funds: $110 (XenForo is going on sale next week! :D )

If the funds don't reach the goal, then I will be covering the difference. As I feel XenForo is needed in order to build the community here that I believe everyone deserves.

Till then, I will be setting up the forum here using phpbb, as I can easily import the database to XenForo. So in the mean time, you are welcome to register your account and make some posts. The emulator project won't be moved over for a short while, as we are in the process of finalizing some new updates and renaming the project to ServUO to match the new site (ForkUO was always a code name anyways, I was too lazy to come up with a proper name at the time.)

So welcome to ServUO! Hope you can find your way around and have a good time. If you have any questions, don't be scared to ask.

2. Milva

Admin Moderator

Wondering will the XenForo be set up alot as this one for shard advertising and such? I like the board if it stays pretty much the same with alot of sub forms, looking for help etc.

3. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Yes, all sub forums will remain the same. I started setting them up on here as I'll be able to import this to XenForo and keep the forum structure.

Also, just received another donation recently. So funds re now at $65! =D