The other day then I was looking throw some old USB memorys I come across a old files from 1991 where I had cracked a BBS software for my old BBS back in the time. It was named BOOMLAB and was a scanner for incoming files. Back then I was named Darwin. I used that namn for many years. [Link to BBS documentary (Describes what a BBS is)]

In 1998 Belgarath and Polgara was born then I played Ultima Online on Europa and needed more names. This names was taken from the book series of David Eddings. [I was reading "Polgara the Sorceress" at the time]

WOW entered the scene for me in 2005 (yes.. I was stuck in SWG and was late into WOW) and most names was taken but I found that Sephora and Isadora was free on my server and they was picked up from the cosmetic industry. I did found a Sephora store while I was looking for names.

I finally decided to get a new name that was made up from scratch and always free and Grimoric was created. It was created from characters in Diablo. The smith in town was named Griswold and the king in level three is named King Leoric. I joined them together and got Grisoric from start but Gris in swedish is the word for pig and that didnt sounds to good to me and was changes to Grim and Grimoric was born.

Today I mostly uses Grimoric as warrior class or/and Sephora if it is free for a healer class in most games.
That was my name story. what is yours?

-Grim

Last edited:
Mine dates back from OSI.

During the late 90' I was definately hardcore UO gamer, could not let it get out of my hands. Although I had many characters that were used for different purposes, it did took me a year or so after I've started playing to get into the crafting business.

At first, it seemed way to hard to build up an efficient crafter, and I am a bit lazy by nature. But you know, the goods I enjoyed buying most was light archer suit of colored metal, and I was in complete awe of the blacksmiths that sat at Britain's smith next to GY to craft on order.

Eventually, I decided to make myself a crafter, and decided to name her "Made In Quebec". I have quickly discovered my true calling in Ultima Online. There is nothing that I enjoyed more than being of service for my goods, and took a certain pride in seeing items bearing my name from all over the world.

Eventually the hype for OSI faded, and after several years of abstinence, I had a relapse and found myself joining Hybrid. I was quick to recreated good ole' Made In Quebec, and that name has stuck on me since then. It's been abbreged by the population to MiQ pretty quickly, and it grew on me pretty fast.

Although the hay days of crafting were long gone by then, no more smith at Brit since everyone has one, it was still by far the character I played most. Mainly used her as my trade agent, and profited from buying/selling goods.

The name as evolved since then, you will often find me using the tag Emayecue, which was offered to me by a guildmate when I was trying to find a name for a new character that I wanted to create. M (em) I (aye) Q (cue).

Since then, that name also stuck to me, and I'll use it to all possible sauces.

I guess that's more of a resume of my UO life than simply my name, but whatever, I think it's on topic :p

Talow is from the Traveller RPG thing I was into a few years back. Talow itself is one of a few hellworlds, a hellworld is one that often (daily or hourly) has some kind of struggle for it's residents to over come and survive. I chose Talow because it was the only hellworld I could remember to be unindustrial (what's the right word for that?). Being into roleplay and needing a staffer name Talow felt like a good fit as I created scripts stories and other content for the players to beat. Stuck with me since.

Engale is typically my mage name. My grandfather when I was a cute kid would call me "mein Engel", german for my angel. As I grew up I quickly learned I was no angel and so I jokingly would incorrectly correct him by mispronouncing it. Thus eventually Engale became my go to name, has been for the longest time as I'm certainly not an angel.

I started playing MMORPGs back in 2006 or so. Late bloomer, one might say.

It was for a tech demo/alpha MMORPG called Planeshift. It wasn't a very operative game, but it had a fairly thriving RP community, one which veered on uber-strict names - that had to sound old-worldy. I chose a Cat Race character to play, and named him "Michtymog" hoping that they'd not realise the it literally means "SuperCat" lol

Got away with it & it's stuck ever since. Had incredible fun doing completely bonkers RP as that character too. When I finally landed on a proper MMORPG, it actually felt strange to play because I pretty much just goofed around exploiting the game glitches for some very creative RP as this mad, polygamist cookie-thief. Built an incredible rich history behind him:

Michtymog

-Cookie-Thief
-Founder of the Feathered Hand (We were tickle ninjas)
-Former Trepor Farmer & Trepor Milk Addict (Trepors were arachnids that had no nipples)
-Former Flagellant of the Holy Halibut for the Fish Liberation front (We bought fish from stores & dropped them in the rivers (Or any water, even a fountain - thus liberating them)
-Founder of the Fish Frying Front (Becoming Mog the Fallen one - he ate too many soles (Seemed apt, he's a cat after all. lol) arch-enemy of the Fish Liberation Front.)
-Unashamed End-Game Monster Polygamist (I married the Ulbernaught - most powerful monster in the game, three times. I ate my last wife in a pie)
-Owner of a fine Mogcano (An empty Volcano I appropriated as my own property.)

And, that is Michtymog.:D

Back