Vert-I-Go submitted a new resource:

Whip Animation - Whip

Here is the whip animation pulled from new client. For those people using older clients I made this.

This is just a beta version there will need to be some adjustments made to positioning in client. You can use Fiddler to adjust the position of the animation. this is 70% finished I did most the hard work now if someone could put the finishing touch's on this would be great.

Read more about this resource...

You can place the vd in any animation mul file in the equipment slots its just not fully adjusted to the player yet. the one bad thing about fiddler is it extracts the bmps just surrounding the image it doesn't fully extract the image in the frame settings so the alignments aren't compatible yet.
Post automatically merged:

I wonder what type of weapon base a whip should use? Maybe macing?
I would think so since it basically is a blunt weapon I create a basewhipe.cs to handle such things. Since the OSI or whatever company has uo now has them as different skill type weapons.

Ya the animations in the mul files were broken up into 3 different slots so i extracted them and put them together problem is fiddler extracts bmps with the boundaries just around the image not the actual frame boundaries. So they have to be adjusted in fiddler to in game movements and positioning.

I think I got one working, but I haven't finished modifying the .def files to test it. Let me know I guess?

Attachments

• whip(p).vd
    258.1 KB · Views: 23
Is there a whip Hit sound and miss sound? Must be in the UOP file if so does anyone know what the value is? doing a basewhip.cs
public override int DefHitSound{ get{ return 0x534; } }
public override int DefMissSound{ get{ return 0x53A; } }

Djeryv used these in his game, but you have to load them with Fiddler.

Attachments

• whiphit.wav
    28.1 KB
  • whipmiss.wav
    26.9 KB
ok quick question Never added sounds as of yet 20+ years editing muls lol that is one thing haven't done yet can it be done with fiddler and is there a guide for it I tried but doesn't seem to show any free slots and can't just add to bottom of list with ID of 0x66A since mine goes to 0x669

Ok found an open slot I think will work 1632 for hit which is 0x660 in script would be 0x659 and 1633 for miss which is 0x661 in script would be 0x660. now to test oh using a client 7.0.15
nope didnt work must be a sound in uop file didnt overwrite.

Last edited:
So i Need the number like the straight 4 digit number to even replace a sound cand go by the 0x000 number which sucks I know which ones i want to replace so now i have to figure out how to find out the 4 digit number to replace want to replace 0x556 and 0x557 phrase ones never use them in game.

Yep well for some reason that version doesnt edit the mul files thats why i didnt switch hmmz
Yay got it working 0x65C hit 0x65D miss open spots and works had to use old fiddler version but works 1628 and 1629 id to add wav files.

Last edited:
Back