Why was my post Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGreen

Squire
Jul 16, 2019
Why was my post deleted if Off topic. It had nothing bad and just shows we should be standing together and not against.

We need to Educate people not just in programming but in life

Jun 24, 2016
Maybe true, but not every corner of the internet needs to be having that discussion. I am no moderator, and I agree with your sentiment, but this is not the place for that talk.

Consider it a blessing we don't have to deal with those issues here. Let this be a sanctuary.

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Donate money to this user
If you do not want off topic discussions, then do not put out a welcome mat!

*It would be a blessing if people were more informed then hiding there heads in the sand!

WiKKiD

Citizen
May 22, 2018
You are too stupid to understand the words you are about to read.... But you will be a little smarter if you can manage it....

The seed of hatred looks just like this. It is this, the bleating of mindless sheep that are desperate to be apart of something bigger than themselves. Interjecting themselves into the conversation to spread the, [I HATE the HATE] stamp. I StAnD aGaInSt [INSERT Opinion De jur]... No, you don't. You are fishing for [LIKES] so you can claim 'I did my part'... You just add fuel to the fire. Hop into the middle of someone else's' thoughts/conversation/life to Copy and paste your OpInIoN (that you found on reddit and #WooHoo, #MeTooT). Your proclamation is the wailing of an inane child crying for attention. It has nothing to do with your opinion because leafs like you just blow with the wind. Pro tip sweetpea, Clicking [LIKE] doesn't make it ~your~ opinion "Black lifes matter!" "Blue Lifes Matter!" "Covid Lifes Matter!" RePeating and ReBleating what everyone already said makes you a follower. A cheap copy of something better than yourself that with each new [I HATE the HATE] stamp... its meaning fades away. Whatever is trending on Twits R' Us , Well, you are just all about that aren't ya! Go make a sign, Stand in line! Bleat with the street and the rest of the sheep. “I Support the 99%!" "Kona something something!" "五毛 五毛 五毛!" Put on that >Pride armor< and go tell the world! It will be so brave! You're just another sad clown with your brightly colored umbrella desperately trying to escalate a situation by being a part of it somehow. You are an instigator... A hate monger... A person who is drawn to drama like a moth to a flame. You are a cog in a machine that is just using you up. Fed your opinion from the social media pellet machine; you just happily keep on turning. Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.... (Ref: PinkFloyd ~ Listen, Learn)

You are a KaReN...
If reading this made you mad as hell, then read it again. You just got a little bit smarter...

JGreen

Squire
Jul 16, 2019
Just ban me from this site i will not want to be on such a site, that doesnt show support for things that is somehting that needs changed.

it was posted in that spot because it wasnt related to servuo. but i do not support racist sites as these one i already screen shotted my post sent it to every social media website about how much uneducated servuo site is,

I dont read racist peoples stuff have good day you racist bigots

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
There were quite a few complaints - being political and with the mess which the us is in right now, so many hope to release their stress with UO> Now if more believe the post should be left I can do that also. I'm just not getting why -but that's just me. It wasn't removed with your thinking that people are bigots or even not agreeing with what you had to say :/

Last edited:

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
@Milva, My recommendation - Remove Off Topic if it is going to be censored!

TBH - I don't even know what @JGreen originally posted but I will argue for His right to express His opinion, even if I disagree with what He said!

@WiKKiD Starting any conversation with an insult mutes the objective of the word salad, add some sugar to the sour tongue and you'll be able to connect rather then offend!
Post automatically merged:

Don't forget, Be Kind!

Reflection!

Reactions: Diesel

PyrO

Paladin
Jan 27, 2015
Ok giving my view on it.

@JGreen generally I only saw the first post in that thread, so not sure if anything after that was posted.
But this is a site for an emulator, yes there is off-topic but that does not mean that political and religious stuff is fine.
Reason for that is it will always end in big drama.

We also do not need to educate other people, not their programming skills nor how they behave in life.
Thats like you saying you have to tell people how they have to live their life. Thats their decision.

And the reaction in your second post in this shows that you are more than immature, nobody was racist towards you,
yet you claim the whole site is racist.

"i already screen shotted my post sent it to every social media website about how much uneducated servuo site is"
This made me laugh. The issue with stating things is, nobody cares and second if you tell people they are uneducated and
implying you are so much better than everyone else, then at least spellcheck your sentence.

@WiKKiD that is way out of line. Yes people are dumb in general, they always were. But with the social media giving them more reach
some really shine.

----
TL: DR: You claim things wich are not true, nobody was racist and you feel kinda elitist.
Politics and religion should be topics (in this forum) wich are not allowed since they change nothing but just cause drama

Tukaram

Squire
Jan 4, 2015
I saw your original post and completely agree with it. But many forums have rules, even in the off topic section. I never really saw the need of an off topic section... that is what FB is for ha ha (I only saw it because my bookmark is the 'new post' page)

Tasanar

Admin
ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Ok giving my view on it.

@JGreen generally I only saw the first post in that thread, so not sure if anything after that was posted.
But this is a site for an emulator, yes there is off-topic but that does not mean that political and religious stuff is fine.
Reason for that is it will always end in big drama.

We also do not need to educate other people, not their programming skills nor how they behave in life.
Thats like you saying you have to tell people how they have to live their life. Thats their decision.

And the reaction in your second post in this shows that you are more than immature, nobody was racist towards you,
yet you claim the whole site is racist.

"i already screen shotted my post sent it to every social media website about how much uneducated servuo site is"
This made me laugh. The issue with stating things is, nobody cares and second if you tell people they are uneducated and
implying you are so much better than everyone else, then at least spellcheck your sentence.

@WiKKiD that is way out of line. Yes people are dumb in general, they always were. But with the social media giving them more reach
some really shine.

----
TL: DR: You claim things wich are not true, nobody was racist and you feel kinda elitist.
Politics and religion should be topics (in this forum) wich are not allowed since they change nothing but just cause drama
This.

Get your 'education', especially regarding the serious issues, from better sources than 3rd party posts on a gaming forum. While I had nothing to do with the moderation, and rarely comment on stuff like this, I agree with @PyrO .

Reactions: Milva

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
I see people being rude in the 3rd party emulator community has not ended and lives well on ServUO!

I guess there is a special meaning for off topic, maybe it is a trap so people can come out fighting on off topic issues?

Who gave Twitter and FB all the responsibility for holding off topic conversations?

With that logic, I guess if I am in a bar, I better not talk about anything other than liquor?

The logic here evades me, off topic has to be on topic as anything off topic should be sent to Twitter or FB!!!

No wonder this community has been stuck in mud for the 16 years I've been lurking!

*This does not apply to everyone, as I do see many try to actually want to make a community of people where sharing and conversation is plentiful and is free of sarcasm and ridicule!

WizardTim

Citizen
Mar 21, 2019
The General section states, "General discussion for the ServUO community. Unrelated posts will be removed." So that means unrelated to ServUO will be wiped and this section is a "general" area to talk about ServUO related topics that don't fit in the other thread areas. I come here to forget about shit like politics and social issues facing whatever nation you call home. Go to a fricken bar and talk about liquor or whatever subject you want, but I will guarantee you that if you talk loudly enough about something that makes the majority of patrons pissed off you will be asked to leave. So instead of being a right fighter on shit like this how about leave my Ultima safe space be the Ultima chatting site we want it to be.

Zavreyon

Squire
Apr 5, 2015
Well the original thread was less "conversation" and more an ultimatum. It then carried over into discord, appeared to be the same person.

He was wanting an "official" stance of the community. With the threat of public shaming on twitter if the stance taken didn't coincide with his. As someone who was there when RunUO added a gigantic Ron Paul campaign banner to the forums, I'm glad ServUO isn't taking an official stance on a political issue.

Reactions: Tasanar and Milva

LimpBizquick

Squire
Apr 22, 2016
The General section states, "General discussion for the ServUO community. Unrelated posts will be removed." So that means unrelated to ServUO will be wiped and this section is a "general" area to talk about ServUO related topics that don't fit in the other thread areas. I come here to forget about shit like politics and social issues facing whatever nation you call home. Go to a fricken bar and talk about liquor or whatever subject you want, but I will guarantee you that if you talk loudly enough about something that makes the majority of patrons pissed off you will be asked to leave. So instead of being a right fighter on shit like this how about leave my Ultima safe space be the Ultima chatting site we want it to be.
I agree whole heartedly except for the politics.. We really need to discuss why I cant list my dogs as dependents on my taxes. I feed, shelter, pay for vets ect ect... that is nearly the exact definition of a dependent. =)

Vorspire

Vita-Nex: Core
Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 29, 2013
United Kingdom
core.vita-nex.com
Shard Name
Ultima Shards: Multiverse
Donate
I see people being rude in the 3rd party emulator community has not ended and lives well on ServUO!

I guess there is a special meaning for off topic, maybe it is a trap so people can come out fighting on off topic issues?

Who gave Twitter and FB all the responsibility for holding off topic conversations?

With that logic, I guess if I am in a bar, I better not talk about anything other than liquor?

The logic here evades me, off topic has to be on topic as anything off topic should be sent to Twitter or FB!!!

No wonder this community has been stuck in mud for the 16 years I've been lurking!

*This does not apply to everyone, as I do see many try to actually want to make a community of people where sharing and conversation is plentiful and is free of sarcasm and ridicule!
I don't want to be that guy, but perhaps if you'd spent any of those 16 years doing more than lurking, you could have had a say in how things have turned out, but you chose to sit in the background and watch things burn from your perspective?
Your post reminds me of the "this is fine" meme.

Reactions: LimpBizquick

GoldDraco13

Squire
Aug 1, 2014
Canada
mycy4.com
Donate
Really, I don't remember you taking up the fights on RunUO back in the day with the sour attitudes of people like Phantom, I did but you probably don't remember, selective memory to suit your attitude!

oh, but you are the king of ServUO and all must bow!

ROFL

Reactions: Ghost
Status
Not open for further replies.