1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiki

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Insanity, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Now that things have settled down for me at my new place and my new job. I'm finding more time to spend on my hobbies. Meaning I'm able to spend my free time working on ServUO again. So...I'll be picking up where I left off before the madness.

As many of you may already know, a while back I started taking in donations for a Wiki here on ServUO. The goal was met a while back, I've just been too busy to do anything about it.

Now sure...I could use one of the many free wiki solutions out there for the ServUO project. Although my idea is to purchase a paid Wiki addon for XenForo. This would allow a more streamlined wiki setup here on ServUO. Not only would the Wiki be part of the existing site/setup, it would also allow existing ServUO members to contribute to the wiki. All without having to maintain two accounts on different sites.

The addon will offer even more features and a more tighter integration than I can briefly describe here. So I believe everyone will be surprised and pleased with the upcoming wiki setup.

The Wiki will be open to public edits by anyone that is a member here on ServUO. Although all edits will require moderator approval before edits become viewable to the public. Meaning I'll be on the lookout for active, level headed people that could make a good moderator.

The wiki will feature a ton of info about the ServUO emulator. It won't be your average wiki either. It will detail how to do simple changes, basic how-to's, tutorials, and even well detailed info on existing base classes/systems/items that make ServUO what it is. It will be targeted at the average joe, not the average developer.

I'll be purchasing the Wiki addon today and begin installing and setting things up over the next week or so. So don't expect to start seeing the Wiki right away.

Also, anyone that contributes enough to the wiki once it's public...could end up becoming a ServUO team member (even if you know little to no C#, so don't be discouraged from helping out.)

Also, one last note. I've setup a new donation goal, it will be a monthly donation goal for paying the bills. The goal for this monthly goal will most likely change (it will be lowered) as I actually start to figure out monthly costs, as I started things off by paying for a year at a time. Come January, the bills will start to be a monthly thing. So all donations are highly appreciated, and will go to a good cause.

I'd also like to thank the current list of donors for making it possible for me to purchase a nice Wiki setup for ServUO.

@Tawss
    @Vinit
    @Milva
    @Ravenwolfe
    @jase giffin
    @Regnak

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hank

Hank Active Member

This is exactly what servuo needs and I think it will really help the community as well as new members be able to easier do what they want to do with servuo. Breaking down the wall that keeps so many people out due to lack of experience and teaching them from the ground up. Of course it may take time and that's reasonable to expect but in it's later stages I can see this really being a gem.

Thank you Isanity, Tawss, Vinit, Milva, Ravenwolfe, jase giffin, Regnak

3. Milva

Admin Moderator

This news is just so "exciting" a ServUO Wiki is just what we need- Thank You again Insanity for all your have done for this community! :)

4. cmileto

cmileto Member

Sounds cool, ty! Excited

5. jase giffin

jase giffin Active Member

nice work insanity things are going great it seems.

6. Vinit

Vinit New Member

Thank you for the great work on this ServUO project. I am glad to be able to help out.
    Using ServeUO, I am introducing UO to the new generation of kids at my school in Thailand.

Keep up the good work.
    Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

PS: I have my own web server if you need to use that. :)
    ...Vinit

• Like Like x 1
    • Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  7. Xen

Xen Member

where is the wiki? I don't find any link!

However good idea!

8. Omni

Omni Member

The wiki isn't really added yet but it is in the pipe line.

Little off topic post

Vinit

สวัสดี

I love Thailand lovely people lovely country. Even seeing a Thai lady but met her over here. Can't wait to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Xen

Xen Member

when will the Wiki Start? Where is the url ?

Thx

10. sith

sith New Member

Just popping in to say this is a great idea.