So reading through the guide I see this is possible. However I'm trying multiple things and can't get either to work.

For example for getting a message to show up...
1611122710624.png
yields nothing

I tried
CAST, FireballSpell[,17]
in multiple fields however get zilch.

Can someone give some samples? Please?

As always thank you!

Are you testing this with a player or with your staff character? (xml spawner stuff doesn't work with staff)

I just set this up, but I'm not on a current version of servuo and not sure what functionality they have removed from xml spawners but I do know they removed a lot of it.

spawnertest.jpg

Refract Min/Max = how often the proximity range is activated
SpawnOnTrigger = spawns the effect (or whatever) when it is triggered

Ya testing with a non-staff character. So apparently when I mess around with these setting I need to put down a NEW spawner. Changing an existing doesn't work right. I will have to remember this because same thing happened when I was setting up a stealing spawner. Didn't work right until I deleted and re-added a new spawner. Still can't get the CAST,FireballSpell,17 to work, however your flame column does! Thanks for the visual. Really helped to confirm the settings.

Last edited:
You should be able to add the settings to an existing spawner. Just remember to reset & reload it, that seems to help with changes.

The CAST keyword causes the player that triggered the spawner to cast a spell (also uses the players mana)

Just using
CAST,Spellname
causes them to cast the spell on themselves

using
CAST,spellname,Range
causes them to cast the spell on a random target within range

spells that travel to the target don't work, and some of the others don't as well

try
CAST,greaterhealspell
CAST,MindBlastSpell
CAST,WaterElementalSpell
CAST,EnergyFieldSpell,5

The CAST keyword causes the player that triggered the spawner to cast a spell (also uses the players mana)

Just using
CAST,Spellname
causes them to cast the spell on themselves

using
CAST,spellname,Range
causes them to cast the spell on a random target within range

spells that travel to the target don't work, and some of the others don't as well

try
CAST,greaterhealspell
CAST,MindBlastSpell
CAST,WaterElementalSpell
CAST,EnergyFieldSpell,5
ahhhh Ok so that is why fireball and those aren't working. Bummer I was hoping to have a random fireball/ebolt thrown out there at Mobiles.

Thanks for the response

Back