hi,

i put a leveldeed on a weapon...all good.

but the weapon dont get exp. why? chant find other than in LevelItemManager.cs to see the calculation for exp.

my weapon (equiped by player not admin) doesnt get exp. i killed mobs but nothing happens. the ixp command works fine...null exp. what can i do?

Greetings Döschl

Did you alter your Basescripts accordingly as well? (BaseWeapons.cs, BaseArmor.cs, BaseClothing.cs, BaseJewel.cs and BaseCreature.cs?)

The main reason why the weapon isn't gaining XP (and you can see the attachment) is that it's not registering the KILL, which means it's a problem with the edits in Basecreature.cs. That would be this edit:
Code:
							// modification to support XmlQuest Killtasks
							XmlQuest.RegisterKill( this, ds.m_Mobile);
That's inside the OnDeath method.

hi tass,

i searched for this string...the code is in den method.... thnx. another ideas?

Greetings Döschl

hi tass,

files here...

ty!

Greetings Döschl

Attachments

• BaseWeapon.cs
    127.2 KB · Views: 3
  • BaseCreature.cs
    239.1 KB · Views: 5
Okay I edited your files. Your Basecreature edit wasn't in the right place and I shifted the Level Item entry in BaseWeapon so it's at the top of the Context Menu (So it shows first). Let me know how these work out.

Attachments

• [ServUO.com]-BaseCreature.cs
    239 KB · Views: 15
  • [ServUO.com]-BaseWeapon.cs
    127.2 KB · Views: 9
okay, thnx for your work. i tested it with a doubleaxe...but didnt work...no exp on the weapon to see. value is null

I did a quick read of the link above, did you add the weapon on a xml spawner [addatt xmllevelitem - just thought I would mention just in case :)

I think Milva's on track....with the level items. Go to a spawner and do this:
Code:
sword/ATTACH/XmlLevelItem

EDIT:
I'm curious as well, if you increase the XP on the weapon from 0 to 1 and kill again, does it still not increase?
.GETATT and target the weapon, that will show the attachment window.

Last edited:
yes its right.
i set it up with admin to 10 exp ... and than in fights didint gain exp

in .getatt still here 10 exp points...

Did you download the new itemxmldeed which was posted further down on that page? Because the download may not of been updated with the fixed one.

*smacks forehead*....Sorry I missed this. There's one more edit in Basecreature. Take this version and I'm positive it'll work now.
The code that was missing was in the OnDamage method:
Code:
if ( !Summoned && willKill )
LevelItemManager.CheckItems( from, this );

Attachments

• BaseCreature.cs
    239.1 KB · Views: 22
What have you tried killing with a level item?
The way the attachment works is it has a formula which includes the Hit Points, Stamina and Mana Points of the mob, along with several other dependent checks and converts that into the XP.
Killing a Mongbat for example might not give you any XP, but killing a Daemon will.

Okay, can you send me all the files you edited then please and I'll look them over. It's a small oversight somewhere I'm sure.

I noticed you posted a crash report of some sort on runuo- are you attempting to add this to Runu or ServUO? :)

@Milva: no.... i have an runuo server 2.3 in praktice ... and on this server i had a crash. but i try to move from runuo 2.3 to JustUO or somelike this.

The JustUO Server is a Testserver for Development.

Greetings Döschl

Back