Heyya!

I've finally upgraded my tech capabilities from just being able to use screenshots to now being able to load and edit videos. For all aspiring GM's on my shard, I require them to take basic knowledge classes so that when they are ready to become a GM, they don't break the shard due to lack of knowing how commands work.

We have a lot of custom AI for our monster system and the learning curve can be sort of steep, especially for new staffers with minimal experience. I've developed a crash course first lesson that I do when I first introduce XML spawners to our FNGs and I decided to replicate it and share it with you all. I've kept a lot of our custom stuff out since it would only serve to confuse you guys. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is my first attempt at a video, so I welcome any critiques or questions that you might have. This video covers the basics of customizing a monster through cosmetic changes, stat changes, skill changes, and loot table additions.

In this scenario, we took a mongbat and made it stronger than a balron. It is my hope that this video will help any new comers to XML Spawners with being able to visually see a lot of these things applied. I also intend to do more how-to videos for more practice at video editing, as well as an effort to spread the knowledge of how to do fun little things with spawners that other folks might not know how to.

Edited: Created new video: How to customize human NPCS

The base creature that I used is specific to An Corp, being a completely customizable base creature, but the same rules should apply for anyone playing around with NPCs.

In this video, we gave life to a human female NPC by giving her a bodyvalue, name, skin tone, hair, and equippable clothing. I also covered how to modify equipped clothing to be hued and named and how to prevent it from dropping to a corpse on death. I also covered how to create custom rares that you can add to loot tables without having to hard code them.

As before, if you have any specific questions, concerns, or critiques, please let me know!

Last edited:
Wow good catch. I guess that's only what I deserve for staying awake longer than 24 hours. :D
No worries, I just thought it was some new type of Xml Spawner Beggar NPC before I clicked on the thread to read more about it. :) "The Begginer!" just expected a quest or something haha...

I like the idea of making videos to show how to do things. I have a suggestion:

Even maximized on my largest computer screen, it was hard for me to read the writing - I would suggest using video editing software (even Windows Movie Maker can do it) to add captions after you film, rather than narrating from in the game. It would be easier to read, plus would speed up the process, since you would not have to take the time to write out each instruction during the video.

I haven't forgotten about these, have just been extremely busy with the shard running events :D. The next video I'm going to work on is how to make a custom mini champ spawn using only XML spawners. We have several of these set up on An Corp and they are an absolute hit with the PvM crowd. I will also take suggestions to heart and work on a smoother presentation for the commands. ( I did find a new video recorder that produces higher quality video than the previous one I was using, so hopefully that should help. :D )

Edit: Here's actually a preliminary video I made awhile back.

It has no sound and I don't explain anything in-game, but it lays out the foundation for a very basic sequential spawn. It's also a test run for improved video quality. Unfortunately, it does have some custom elements unique to my shard, so not everything when it comes to editing the boss will be entirely accurate.

Last edited:
Back