hello all, i hope you can help with a problem i have come across. I am trying to activate a xmlspawner with system messages.

A archery butte that shows your archery hits, when it says bullseye it activates the spawner. I have been searching for 2 days now, any help will be much appreciated.

Does it say Bullseye, or does it send a message just to that player that says Bullseye?

If it actually says it, use the SpeechTrigger on the Xmlspawner and set it to exactly what the archery butte says (if it says Bullseye! or BULLSEYE! or Bullseye!!!, etc). You will want it to SpawnOnTrigger/True as well, so it fires every time there is a bullseye.

This is just off the top of my head. I would need some more specific details about what is happening to create a viable solution. :)

the archery butte says bullseye! in sytem message, not speech. I tried the trig on speech. ty for your help tho

I dont have access to the c#, just the xml. There are two diff archery buttes, one will raise your skill to a props setting. This one allows you to shoot it and not only gain skill but it keeps score. when you hit bullseye it spits out a message in system message. I would like the spawner to spawn when this happens. As of now, i dont care for the bullseye thing, just would like to know what the entry command for xml to read system messages like razor does.

I have been at this a very long time, but never thought about using system messages to trigger a spawner.
[doublepost=1477171622][/doublepost]this is the part of the c#for the archery butte where it says bullseye

case 0: PublicOverheadMessage(MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, true, String.Format("{0} robinhoods another arrow in the bullseye!", from.Name)); break;
case 1: PublicOverheadMessage(MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, true, String.Format("{0} robinhoods another arrow in the inner ring!", from.Name)); break;
case 2: PublicOverheadMessage(MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, true, String.Format("{0} robinhoods another arrow in the middle ring.", from.Name)); break;
case 3: PublicOverheadMessage(MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, true, String.Format("{0} robinhoods another arrow in the outer ring.", from.Name)); break;
}

I personally have never tried to use a System Message to trigger an Xmlspawner. I'm thinking a core change in Xmlspawner would be required, but I could be wrong. Is there something tracking how many Bullseyes per player? Because that would be the way to go and have the Xmlspawner trigger when that value increases and not focus on the system message aspect.

Back