Hey guys and gals I am looking for a yard script, not the yard wand an actual yard I know it is possible because I have seen other shards with it. You make the yard and they can lock stuff down in it just like a house. I am working with a just UO server because for the life of me I can not get the serv UO server to work. If anyone can help me out I would be forever grateful. Maybe even a ServUO shard that works, I am not sure why I can not get it to work on my own. Thank you in advance.

thank you lets keep our fingers crossed this is something I have been looking for for a long time. I used to play on a shard that had yards and it was great

I assume you are not looking for a decorator tool that allows you to push items outside the house...

I played with the idea to build such a yard and tried it 2 ways.
- just build it from "scratch" as a variant of a region.
- use a BaseHouse as base class.

In this context the townhouse and the customregions packages were usefull.

The first method I abandoned because it just seemed not right, and re-implementing lock downs and secures might be do-able but add-ons are looking for a specific region...

The second works but because several things in base house, the house sign and the house region are not virtual and/or public I had to modify the base code for those.
Also because it is "house" it might "count" as a house which you probably don't want and "house regions" have specific behavior for npc etc...

What I now have is more or less working but figuring out how to disentangle it from the rest of my code might be quite some work.

The yard the other shard I played on counted as a house but she was able to size it to whatever she wanted it was like 1 yard was a 4 story 18x18 flat. if that makes sense

The yard the other shard I played on counted as a house but she was able to size it to whatever she wanted it was like 1 yard was a 4 story 18x18 flat. if that makes sense

If staff is placing them and they count as house then it might be just a townhouse.
A townhouse allows you to mark a certain area as house, for the rest it has regular house properties but if you hide the house sign it might just do what you describe

ok, I will look into it thank you is there a script for the townhouses? Or is it already in the scripts?

It is a separate script, but it is available in the forums. The only real problems with townhouse doing this is that the boundaries must be determined by a gm, and they are not clearly visible. You could build a boundary with fencing or hedges ect. and then make the inside area the townhouse. The players can purchase it or rent it and place any addon, garden, or whatever inside that boundary.

I searched for townhouses and come up with nothing in the forums maybe I am searching the wrong thing maybe?

Back