Gargouille submitted a new resource:

[ULTIMA LIVE] Tunneling System - Digging tunnels and caves to create harvestables tiles for mining...

1) Big thanks to Praxiis

2) This IS NOT a mining system, it just dig tunnels, that's all

3) Then it's not that interesting if you keep using classic mining system
(on my shard I use a custom mining system that allow players to harvest only some resources, only on some spots, dynamic and randomized... So they have to dig tunnels to find harvestables mines...)

4) Have a look :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

INSTALLATION:

- Of course you need to have...

Read more about this resource...

Very cool...Prax opened up a lot of doors with Ultima Live. The potential of new systems that can be developed with this is nearly boundless. I like your idea of have to find viable ore deposits. Great Work!

This really makes me happy. I am so glad that you shared this with us. I definitely will be using this system. It's such a great idea, and well executed. Amazing!

Thank you all.

Praxiis, since your first release of UltimaLive this kind of system was haunted me^^ So I wait for a stable version, and then do it, with real pleasure ;)

This looks like a great system and will make mining a lot more interesting..

Great work keep it up..

This sounds like a great addition, but I'm somewhat confused about the requirement for Ultima Live. Evidently it's no longer available for download and I don't know if anyone can provide help to get it installed. I happen to have a previously downloaded copy (0.97) but haven't been able to get it to work for custom maps (no errors, just when I [set map 32 all of the scenery still looks like Felucca and I can't move). How is it possible then to use the tunneling system, or UOL lumberjacking for that matter?

This sounds like a great addition, but I'm somewhat confused about the requirement for Ultima Live. Evidently it's no longer available for download and I don't know if anyone can provide help to get it installed. I happen to have a previously downloaded copy (0.97) but haven't been able to get it to work for custom maps (no errors, just when I [set map 32 all of the scenery still looks like Felucca and I can't move). How is it possible then to use the tunneling system, or UOL lumberjacking for that matter?

Likely you haven't done the required client modification.

Yes, I did the client modification:
1. Navigate to the game client folder
2. Rename Igrping.dll to Igrping_.dll
3. Copy Igrping_0_97.dll from the UltimaLive zip archive into the game client folder
4. Rename Igrping_0_97.dll to Igrping.dll

I did this on my local machine and also on the server.
My map32.mul, staidx32.mul, statics32.mul all came from the Darkshard CD.
To eliminate possible streaming problems I tried having those files copied to my local client, but same symptoms.

Sorthious, thanks for the link. I have read every thread I can find on it, including the one you just linked to and have followed the instructions. On my local machine, I found the files UOLive created, in c:\programdata\ultimalive\Witch World\ and it copied all of the map#.mul, statics#.mul, and staidx#.mul files there except the custom ones. (map32.mul, statics32.mul, staidx32.mul). Copying them there manually didn't change anything either.

I have checked and rechecked everything multiple times (have spent most of the last 2 days on this). Just can't find anything I'm missing. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I'm no novice to C# or RunUO either. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure it out.

I did crash the client this time by attempting to teleport (since I couldn't move).

I AM a novice at C#LOL...but it sounds like a problem with your MapDefinitions. Normally, at least on my shard, when you log in and the maps aren't in ProgramData\UltimaLive\ it will copy it to that folder. Try clearing everything out of the data folder and then logging in. Not sure if that will help, but I've cleared up problems before doing that, esp after adding a new map. If that doesnt help I'm sure someone will know how to help you...Good Luck!

Sorthious, I found the problem but probably wouldn't have without you pointing me in the right direction. I copied the following from an example somewhere (no longer recall where since I've looked at so much in the last couple of days):

MapDefinitions: RegisterMap (32, 32, 32, 7168, 4096, 1, "Sosaria", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
MapRegistry: AddMapDefinition (32, 0, new Point2D (7168, 4096), new Point2D (5120, 4096));

The problem is the MapRegistry line, which should be: AddMapDefinition (32, 32, new Point2D (7168, 4096), new Point2D (5120, 4096));

That 0 instead of 32 was the problem. I'm posting this in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Another update, for anyone using Darkshard maps. The enhanced Sosaria map, the one I am using, should have the following entry in MapRegistry (wrap size is different than previous examples): AddMapDefinition (32, 32, new Point2D (7168, 4096), new Point2D (5120, 3128));

The second set of coordinates is for wrapping, and this particular map has dungeon/special stuff on the bottom as well as the side, so the coordinates are different than the examples I've seen before. On testing with a boat using new new coordinates, movement east-west wraps correctly but movement north-south is not possible; the boat will stop.

Now I have just one problem left (that I know of) with UltimaLive: When streaming a new map, the client will crash periodically with the false error report that the server crashed (it did not). This occurs when running around, teleporting, or sailing a boat. It seems to occur at regular intervals, as if a memory buffer is getting filled up or something. Restarting the client lets you continue for a while, until about the same amount of time and then it crashes again. Does anyone have a clue what can cause this?

a memory leak is probably the cause... C# is an awesome language but its ability to manage memory sucks. Let me look into it and see what I can come up with.

@Hank : yes it's true I am in charge of UltimaLive, but the Tunneling System is NOT my project its @Gargouille 's project and therefore I will not provide support for it unless I'm helping him with bugs or something through my own testing. I do not have the time to really get into other people's projects at the moment. As for UltimaLive, I did not write the system and therefore really don't know what it all entails except for the general setup and an occasional bug fix, so to correct all of you reading : yes it's my project now, but no, I will not provide 100% support to it.

I think I've typed my thoughts out on this subject, I've posted my own respository (m309 - so it's obvious I practice what I preach), and so I'll repeat myself :
  1. Its a shame really... I mean the original school of thought for the emulation community as a whole was for people to contribute their ideas... then others could elaborate if they wanted to with their own variations of the original submissions, repost them, and so on and so forth... the idea was to get the community motivated to learn off other people and re-release better and better versions of the work already on the forums. The sad thing is developers got greedy; their school of thought was, "if I'm putting the time in to write these scripts then I'll release a half-assed version and make people pay for the stable edition later"... hence the beginning of the down trend on RunUO. Any developer worth their weight on ServUO or RunUO is not going to be angry if you re-release their work because if they read the fine print - if you read the fine print - you'd all realize that you don't even own your work because its a plugin (basically) to a server engine that is under the GNU Version 2 License.

That means that any works that are derived from or made to work with the server engine, "that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms* of this License".

*This meaning the license of the RunUO Server Console and now subsequent ServUO Server Console.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
All this being said, I'm empowering you all to get your own creative juices flowing and stop relying and waiting on the original developers to update their work; this is what I had to do when I started back in 2002 on RunUO and I'm sure you all can do it too ;) I suggest that, everyone who is having difficulty, pick up one of the following books and read them front to back and research the Internet. Yes it takes time, but then it not only takes time to build a quality server - it also takes know-how as well so that you can troubleshoot your own issues.

"You can't rebuild an engine of a vehicle without knowing how all the parts fit together first..." - My good friend Charlie (Auto-Mechanic)

That doesn't mean you can't ask for support from the developers on this site or RunUO, however it should go without saying that, at the very least, showing you've attempted to fix the issue yourself puts you a step ahead of those people just wanting handouts without even trying; thats why people ask that server owners run their server in -debug mode and post their error stack - so we can see the exact line numbers that the crashes happen at and attempt to fix the problem. Without those line numbers it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack for some of us.

I'm a fair guy... if you have issues ask in the appropriate forum, but most developers will expect that you participate so that they know that you're learning something. If need be ask whomever is helping for their skype or messenger name. No one that wants to see this community grow wants to see people struggle and so don't be afraid to ask. However you aren't limited to these forums, skype, or messenger. You can also ask questions on most all C# forums; I've gotten a lot of answers using them.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=csharpgeneral
http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/forum/84-c/
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=C# MSDN&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=c# msdn forums

http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-C-Jennifer-Greene/dp/1449343503
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Visual-2013-Step-Developer/dp/073568183X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416594737&sr=1-2&keywords=C#
http://www.amazon.com/C-5-0-Nutshell-Definitive-Reference/dp/1449320104/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416594737&sr=1-1&keywords=C#
http://www.amazon.com/5-0-Programmers-Reference-Rod-Stephens/dp/1118847288/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416594737&sr=1-6&keywords=C#
http://www.amazon.com/Programming-ultimate-learn-fundamentals-language/dp/1494208393/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416594737&sr=1-9&keywords=C#

Also keep in mind that the internet is also a really good resource and can help you save money on actual programming courses if you're serious about learning:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=C# Lessons
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=head start c# pdf&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=learning c# programming

...And if you're not too good in math and need to learn it a lot better...

https://www.khanacademy.org : this website will allow you to pass a GED (basically skip grade school) if you study hard and listen/learn to what it has to teach and the math goes up into Calculus and Trigonometry.

Well I hope this has been informative... I'm not trying to step on toes; I would have never gotten interested in programming if it wasn't for RunUO. I'd like to see others get motivated and start submitting. I think this community will get stronger the more people become involved. Until then I'm going to put RunUO/ServUO to the side, like I've been doing, and concentrate on my own programming studies. At some point I'll be a lot more active, but it wont be for a while. Take care everyone.

Last edited:
I have had this working on the latest CUO with a hybrid client using 7.0.23.1 and 7.0.50.0 game files. Ultima Live is not compatible with any official client over 7.0.50.0... it will still compile, but you wont be able to use any of the real-time map editing commands.

Either way it is redundant. On uoAvos for example, we did not install ALL of Ultima Live. We only installed the commands. We left out the modified igrping.dll which was used to remotely stream the maps to your players, and trick the client into looping the loading of the Trammel facet once all the other maps were done loading; this was how Praxiiz was able to allow us to have a max cap of 255 different worlds.

CUO allows unlimited facets so the igrping.dll is redundant and therefore useless to us. Additionally the Ultima Live igrping.dll is written in C++ which was counter-intuitive to our hobby which is C#.

I have had this working on the latest CUO with a hybrid client using 7.0.23.1 and 7.0.50.0 game files. Ultima Live is not compatible with any official client over 7.0.50.0... it will still compile, but you wont be able to use any of the real-time map editing commands.

Either way it is redundant. On uoAvos for example, we did not install ALL of Ultima Live. We only installed the commands. We left out the modified igrping.dll which was used to remotely stream the maps to your players, and trick the client into looping the loading of the Trammel facet once all the other maps were done loading; this was how Praxiiz was able to allow us to have a max cap of 255 different worlds.

CUO allows unlimited facets so the igrping.dll is redundant and therefore useless to us. Additionally the Ultima Live igrping.dll is written in C++ which was counter-intuitive to our hobby which is C#.
Hello
Thank you for Reply.
I got the Full Ultima Live Working Right and the Lumber Harvest On Runuo 2.5 and on the ClassicUO 7.0.96.10
But I am Still cant get the DeepMining to work. Do you think I can Copy or somehow Do the DeepMining like Lumber Harvest?
I am trying to get the Top UO so when Players login they dont have error or put down the server. But if I go back to 7.0.23.1 and have the server run on that too can the players login witht the 7.0.96.10 and login is it going to have errors on there end and put down the server?

Back