Well, I wanted to say a little hello to everyone, talk about my servuo attempt and ask some basic questions!

Hello Everyone!

So, I really did it! After getting bored of p2w, afk servers and so on... I figured, why not try to make something myself to have some fun. I doubt I could even really sustain a population of any kind on this computer 4-5* , but it's just for fun and toying arround!
*(i lagged last wave of a champ spawn while testing options)

As someone totaly new to this, I have some simple questions:

1. Do you guys use a program to open the .cfg files or simply notepad ?

2. ServUO-master\Config files seem horrible in notepad as everything on 1 or 2 lane. Whats up with that ?
To a user like me, this is a very puke friendly learning experience. I tried splitting the lines to be clearer once and it started giving errors. Most likely on my side and will get to it later...

3. Is there a documention of all commands ?
(I downloaded the commands from runuo 2.3 as the 'Getting started* commands' on servuo was limited)
*Obviously, I know what gettin start mean! It's just the only post I found with commands.

4. Regarding the current 'SERVUO REPO! (https://www.servuo.com/servuo-source/)
Correct/explain following assumption

a) SERVUO REPO is the followup/evolution on dead runuo with some important built-in/integretad plugings.
b)SERVUO REPO has XML Spawner integrated.
c) I see a XML Spawner2 section. Is it same or future implement ?
d) VITA-NEX: CORE included in SERVUO REPO ?
e) Can I take some script from the runuo forum to add them directly to SERVUO directory or I need some sort of minor/major adaptation of the code ?
f) Using Props on a weapon I can see Attribute on 1st page and Set Attribute on 2nd page. AS they offer the same options. Why ? Do they differ in any way ?

I dont want to go dig deeper into questioning as this is my intro and I am mostly trying to grasp the picture as a whole for the moment.

ThanK You Everyone!

Welcome to ServUO :)
1. Word Pad will open normal
2. Word Pad and remember to save for cs scripts use Visual Studio https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/
Visual is a free download and will show errors (usually in red)
3.Tutorial Section has a couple posts for commands to use
4. Not sure what your asking for this? :)
ServUO has xml spawner
Vita Nex isn't contained in Servuo but you can add it
Some scripts might work from Runuo while others could give errors when trying to add them
I'm sure others can help out here

[createworld will give you a gump for commands to build

Welcome to ServUO :)
2. Word Pad and remember to save for cs scripts use Visual Studio https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/
3.Tutorial Section has a couple posts for commands to use
4. Not sure what your asking for this? :)
ServUO has xml spawner
Vita Nex isn't contained in Servuo but you can add it
Some scripts might work from Runuo while others could give errors when trying to add them
I'm sure others can help out here

[createworld will give you a gump for commands to build
2. Thx for the Visual Studio tip! didnt get there yet!
3. Will look into it!
4. I often observed runuo scripts to find out where to hunt, resist of monsters without having to move in world, their attributed slayers and so on.. So I do have some basic understanding of how runuo work. It was my belief that Servuo and Runuo had a lot in common and wanted to know if my knowledge would help. Like they both trees of wood that grew differently. Pretty much a way for me to grasp a little better where I am going with this.

Anyway, that helped a lot! Im thinking about Vita Nex since I want to do something more personal and dont feel like playing months with the code to get something decently working.

Thx a lot!

P.S. I did use [createworld yesterday and as someone who been used to pre trammel AND ML era. Omg, Despise was a battefield on my little creation ahah.

You welcome :) if you find a script on runuo and this gives you errors- post it in script support and you should find help there

1 - I use Notepad++ It supports color coding for writing code, and does auto indentation.
2 - I've never seen issues like that with Notepad++ w/ ServUO.
3 - Theres a generate documentation option inside [Admin -> Maintenance. I've heard it generates a text document of the documentation on your server when ran. Never tired it personally
4 - f - SetAttributes means attributes added to the item when the entire set is equipped.
5 - If you end up with any other questions, feel free to message me on Discord DragnMaw#5517

Back