Is there a way to keep track of how many player kills a person has from dueling?

I need this number different from monsters or anything like that.

I just got done watching the first "The Highlander" movie and this idea came to me. A kind of "immortal" ranking for players. Maybe in the future, we can have a quest for all who want to participate, called a "Highlander Quest", the objective could be "There can be only one" participant left standing. Or something like that.

If someone could write up a script to keep track of and display either on a board or above the character, and how many players they killed, I would play on a shard like that. Just because.

You should write it @john burns, and post in Script Support if you run into errors. Theres no better way to learn than trial and error, most especially with programming.

Some places I'd start are with custom releases scripts like: kill(pvp) book http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-rc1-kill-book.70580/
level systems(for text above the character) also distro queen's loyalty has some examples for putting text above a players head.

You may already know this but you can use google to search runuo more effectively. The way I found the kill book was by typeing this into google: "pvp kill book site:runuo.com"
without the " "
I agree with m309 this would be an excellent learning experience @john burns. The things you would cover by working on a script like this would really help you benefit in the future.

is there a xml thingy i can mess with for this?
or should i just plain code it?

been busy as an admin for my local lodge, so I haven't touch this or thought about it till now.

* * * * EDIT * * * *
I have begun to edit the Book of kills script for my highlander system. expect many questions to follow as to what I do where. Also downloaded a ServUO copy for my laptop so I can test the script on it, instead of on my current shard. I do not want to lose what I have done so far in it.

* * * * EDIT * * * *
My goals for this project:
1. you cannot fight anyone who does not have the book on them and it is activated.
2. if only keeps track of "immortal kills", or heads taken from other players.
3. the other player turns red when the mouse is moved over them, if the book is activated.
And I think that is it.

Last edited:
So far, I think the big problem you will run in to is the PvP flag. As far as I know, there is no way to instantly remove it without changing a bunch of Player props.
If you built this using a bounty system as a base, I think it would save you a lot of time (Bounty systems usually allow players to collect heads for turn ins).
You could also combine Fel/Tram rules...."the book" could be as simple as sending them to Fel (or some otherwise designated location or map strictly for Immortals to fight, perhaps even 7-8+ different locations and activating the book transports the player and their opponent to one of those random locations.) If you did something like this, you could incorporate XMLPoints which is the XmlSpawner system for PvP. When "honorable combat" is declared, the initiating player may pick from locations for the duel from a small gump window that appears. Then you could alter their bodyhue to red if you so wished upon teleport (just don't forget to change it back lol).

So far, I think the big problem you will run in to is the PvP flag. As far as I know, there is no way to instantly remove it without changing a bunch of Player props.
If you built this using a bounty system as a base, I think it would save you a lot of time (Bounty systems usually allow players to collect heads for turn ins).
You could also combine Fel/Tram rules...."the book" could be as simple as sending them to Fel (or some otherwise designated location or map strictly for Immortals to fight, perhaps even 7-8+ different locations and activating the book transports the player and their opponent to one of those random locations.) If you did something like this, you could incorporate XMLPoints which is the XmlSpawner system for PvP. When "honorable combat" is declared, the initiating player may pick from locations for the duel from a small gump window that appears. Then you could alter their bodyhue to red if you so wished upon teleport (just don't forget to change it back lol).

where do I find this bounty system, or is it something inside the server that I can copy and modify?

* * * * EDIT * * * *
I found a zip file for it. Looking at it now. This may take awhile. WITH A LOT OF HELP.

Last edited:
"We're" always here to help dude! I'm sure with the community's support "we" can get this done ;)
Just holler when/if you get stuck :)

Back