Oh, that's great news, thank you Voxpire.

Edit: I found out that I don't have permission to download it. Is there any intention in that?

Last edited:
I literally just finished creating my own, not as pretty as this one is though.. but lol.. great job!

So do you need to buy the $200 Vault Pass in the store to see/use this?

Just saw the fine print for the Vault Pass,
* Individual Vault resources may be purchased separately if you do not wish to purchase a Vault Pass; However, you will not be able to access any updates in the future when they are added to the Vault.

Last edited:
I literally just finished creating my own, not as pretty as this one is though.. but lol.. great job!

So do you need to buy the $200 Vault Pass in the store to see/use this?

Just saw the fine print for the Vault Pass,
* Individual Vault resources may be purchased separately if you do not wish to purchase a Vault Pass; However, you will not be able to access any updates in the future when they are added to the Vault.

Thanks, however I didn't design the individual shard themes, I just provide the base UI.
Images are easily swapped out to get the look you want.
I may release a version that uses WinForms with no theming, for free.

Does this work with Orion Launcher?

With UOSteam there's no way to mitigate or prevent the assistants players have access to, server-side, so I won't allow usage of this launcher.
With ClassicUO, I can't seem to get the github to compile in visual studio so I can't modify the source code, and it's not working with UltimaLive.
With Razor, players cannot modify the size of the game window, so the usefulness is limited solely for players that have smaller monitors and/or don't care.
With OrionLauncher though, there's generated packets included in the software that controls all aspects of what players can use.
I would purchase a vault pass to use with OrionLauncher if this was possible, thanks Voxpire for existing as an invaluable developer overall to this community and all of our projects, and the countless people/community developers you have helped all these years.

Does this work with Orion Launcher?

With UOSteam there's no way to mitigate or prevent the assistants players have access to, server-side, so I won't allow usage of this launcher.
With ClassicUO, I can't seem to get the github to compile in visual studio so I can't modify the source code, and it's not working with UltimaLive.
With Razor, players cannot modify the size of the game window, so the usefulness is limited solely for players that have smaller monitors and/or don't care.
With OrionLauncher though, there's generated packets included in the software that controls all aspects of what players can use.

This software will deploy anything that you keep in the server-side deployment root directory; you could even deploy a completely different game if you wished.

Unfortunately this software doesn't have a launch icon or detection set up for Orion, which is something I can look at adding support for.

The IPL does not handle client validation or verification, it has nothing to do with logging in once a player has clicked the relative launch icon for the client or assistant they want to start up.

If you wish to restrict login to specific clients, it must be done outside the bounds of this software.

UOSteam and Razor are assistants that hook the main client.exe and run that, IIRC you can adjust the screen size with Razor if you get an updated version like Razor Enhanced.
ClassicUO should have support for UltimaLive built-in and they recently fixed VS based compiling.
Orion is more like ClassicUO since it's an entirely separate client; the OrionLauncher can likely be left out of your deployment just like the CUO launcher isn't required.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here (or DM me on Discord) :)

Thanks Voxpire.
I need to compile ClassicUO but it's not working in visual studio, not sure if that's been fixed or not. I did post a bunch of messages on their discord seeking assistance. ClassicUO does work with UltimaLive, however not the extension/module DeepMining, with that installed the client crashes when transitioning into the DeepMining map. I want to scour the source code of ClassicUO to find out why; I have an idea for why, but cannot compile to make a fix. Razor, UOSteam, and Orion doesn't crash however.

This is an exceptionally good piece of software, btw, similarly to VitaNex its quality.

So UOSteam required

Visual Studio 2010 (VC++ 10.0) SP1​

to function btw, I tried the 2012-2022 versions and it wouldn't load until the 2010 was installed.

So UOSteam required

Visual Studio 2010 (VC++ 10.0) SP1​

to function btw, I tried the 2012-2022 versions and it wouldn't load until the 2010 was installed.

If you copy the dll files from that package directly into the Steam root directory, it *should* work without having to install the package itself.

When auto patch and auto update are both on the client seems to always want to redownload the compressed file for extraction, could I be doing something wrong possibly? Actually I think it's only happening when using the client on the same server as the host, as in I'm using a 127.0.0.1 to test with it. If I do it remotely it seems to work okay.
If you copy the dll files from that package directly into the Steam root directory, it *should* work without having to install the package itself.
This does appear to have worked! Thanks for the tip I'll just include those with my distro.

Last edited:
When auto patch and auto update are both on the client seems to always want to redownload the compressed file for extraction, could I be doing something wrong possibly? Actually I think it's only happening when using the client on the same server as the host, as in I'm using a 127.0.0.1 to test with it. If I do it remotely it seems to work okay.

The client that you deploy with the patch server should never be launched or referenced by any other apps - it has to be a clean sandbox.
If you have your shard pointed at the Ultima Online directory in the patch server root, then that will cause problems.
You should use the patch client to install your files on your server and point your data path to that.
When you update your patch server files for deployment, you can update your shard by running the patch client, rather than keeping two directories manually updated.

I would also recommend disabling the zip archive feature if you have any trouble with it downloading - the client will try to grab the zip when 60% or more of the game files are missing or changed.

Yeah if I launch it from Windows Sandbox and tie it to an actual server rather than 127.0.0.1 it seems to work correctly, just wants to always download when hosting it on the same machine which is what I was doing to test. Good to know that 60% has to be changed for it to use the zip file.

I do not however see an option to disable the zip file.

Yeah if I launch it from Windows Sandbox and tie it to an actual server rather than 127.0.0.1 it seems to work correctly, just wants to always download when hosting it on the same machine which is what I was doing to test. Good to know that 60% has to be changed for it to use the zip file.

I do not however see an option to disable the zip file.
There should be an option in the /Config/Server.cfg file;
Code:
# Http listening port
# Default: 2595
Port=2595

# Create and deploy a zip archive containing all manifest files
# Default: True
CreateArchive=True

# File read/write buffer size (bytes)
# Default: 1mb
FileBufferSize=1048576

Interesting, I assume your referring to the folder which is generated when you build it? I only ask because I have been playing with 2 setups where only one built the Config folder but neither generated a cfg file. I suppose I can manually create one now that I know what goes into it.

Also I have a suggestion, would it be possible to have the patch server show and/or log the connections and stats, etc?

Last edited:
So every once in a while when the server has been sitting idle for a while and then I connect to it I receive the following:

C#:
Listener: Started http://*:7055/
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: UltimaIPL.Patch.Client.exe
   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
   at UltimaIPL.Patch.DownloadHost.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext c) in C:\ServUO Scripts\UltimaIPL-3.0\Source\Server\DownloadHost.cs:line 186

If I restart the server then connect to it everything is fine.

So every once in a while when the server has been sitting idle for a while and then I connect to it I receive the following:

C#:
Listener: Started http://*:7055/
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: UltimaIPL.Patch.Client.exe
   at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
   at UltimaIPL.Patch.DownloadHost.HandleRequest(HttpListenerContext c) in C:\ServUO Scripts\UltimaIPL-3.0\Source\Server\DownloadHost.cs:line 186

If I restart the server then connect to it everything is fine.
That's an odd one, I'll look into it asap. Thanks for the report!

Interesting, I assume your referring to the folder which is generated when you build it? I only ask because I have been playing with 2 setups where only one built the Config folder but neither generated a cfg file. I suppose I can manually create one now that I know what goes into it.

Also I have a suggestion, would it be possible to have the patch server show and/or log the connections and stats, etc?
Sorry I missed this post. What kind of stats would you want to log?
It wouldn't be difficult to add, but I'm not sure exactly what would be useful to log.

That's an odd one, I'll look into it asap. Thanks for the report!

Sorry I missed this post. What kind of stats would you want to log?
It wouldn't be difficult to add, but I'm not sure exactly what would be useful to log.
Yeah it's weird but definitely able to replicate it, since I'm the only one who uses the patch server currently it sits idle for hours before I ping it again, no longer than 24 though as it's set to auto restart daily.

and you know, I had thought about that but have since forgotten what I'd log lol, maybe download statistics, if someone is connected and patching maybe have it show on the server that they're connected even possibly show the speeds.

I solved that issue I was having by the way, not a permanent solution but a solution.

I built the server in the folder I wanted it to run on the server and it no longer happens because now the file "exists", it seems it's writing the full path of the exe rather than using the local directory the server is in when you build it, at least that's my theory.

Never mind, still did it.. but it did seem to work..

Last edited:
Voxpire updated All-In-One: Installer, Patcher, Launcher (IPL) with a new update entry:

Cross-Platform Availability

An open source CLI-based client, compatible with the IPL manifest protocol, is now available for download on GitHub:
GitHub - Ohkthx/xIPL: Cross-platform (x) Installer, Patcher, and Launcher (IPL) for Ultima Online.

The project is developed and maintained by Schism.

This client does not currently provide the server mechanism for updating and deploying.

Shard owners may deploy this project for players who prefer to use alternative...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Voxpire, how do I go about purchasing this separately? as opposed to purchasing the Vita-Nex pass? Are you able to advise the cost?

How can I add a button to play on Laucher, for it to run the client?
The button for Razor will show if /Razor/Razor.exe exists.
The button for Steam will show if /Steam/UOS.exe exists.
The button for ClassicUO will show if /ClassicUO/ClassicUO.exe exists.
The button for the official client will show if client.exe exists.

Check the launch settings (true/false) in Source/Patch/Settings.cs to make sure what you want is enabled, too.

Any idea if/where it stores any basic info? A shard was testing this out and I didn't realize their default had no root folder; selecting to change paths got several levels of messed up. Can't figure out how to get back to step one of selecting where to install - it starts off automatically installing even if I delete everything and do a fresh download.

Any idea if/where it stores any basic info? A shard was testing this out and I didn't realize their default had no root folder; selecting to change paths got several levels of messed up. Can't figure out how to get back to step one of selecting where to install - it starts off automatically installing even if I delete everything and do a fresh download.
Cancel the process on the main launcher window and then select relocate.
The initial path is set in the registry, the relocate feature will update it.

Back