RedRooster submitted a new resource:

Animated Rain - Area Weather Enhancement

This animation contains 8 frames. Tried to get a good animation of rain in game that can be used as an item for special areas. Really helps set the mood and make it feel very gloomy. Apart from normal rain you could have acid rain, blood rain, ice, etc.. Since this is one giant item it should make decorating large areas easy without generating a ton of lag. Looking for input on ideas for this as well. May try making smaller patches of rain, clouds, lightning flashes, etc.. Any ideas feel...

Read more about this resource...

I know the client controls the weather. But, where does it draw the images from? Where did you plug these in to get the client to draw them? I have never seen rain or snow in the image files.

I know the client controls the weather. But, where does it draw the images from? Where did you plug these in to get the client to draw them? I have never seen rain or snow in the image files.
Just added as standalone art / animation. In mine its not actually tied to the in game weather system. Just meant to be an enhancement to areas where you'd like the weather effect applied. That being said im sure it might be able to be inserted in the way your asking, but im not sure how to or where those files are located either. Tho someone did share this with me in servuo discord the other day might help. ` in CUO they are just solid textures, grey for rain white for snow andreakarasho/ClassicUO not sure if the OSI client does any differently `

Just added as standalone art / animation. In mine its not actually tied to the in game weather system. Just meant to be an enhancement to areas where you'd like the weather effect applied. That being said im sure it might be able to be inserted in the way your asking, but im not sure how to or where those files are located either. Tho someone did share this with me in servuo discord the other day might help. ` in CUO they are just solid textures, grey for rain white for snow andreakarasho/ClassicUO not sure if the OSI client does any differently `
Ah ok. The preview kinda threw me off. I thought you had figured out a way to make a replacement. Because, I had thought of doing this. And adding stuff like clouds ect... Maybe someone will create some type of controller, or maybe these new weather effects could be a layer on the player mobile. Thank you for the reply.

That is pretty awesome, and I have a few ideas how to utilize something like that. I've also had the thoughts of how to do clouds and simulate movement. I figured if cloud art used the same tiledata flags as tree leaves it would work ok, except over buildings. I also figured the same thing could be done to simulate fog.

That is pretty awesome, and I have a few ideas how to utilize something like that. I've also had the thoughts of how to do clouds and simulate movement. I figured if cloud art used the same tiledata flags as tree leaves it would work ok, except over buildings. I also figured the same thing could be done to simulate fog.
Interesting! I love the idea of having the foliage tag applied would give them a nice translucent effect when under them. :D

Back