Hail People of ServeUO!,
Ok, so it has been over 2 years since I last fired up a UO server, and that was RunUO. I have decided to scrap all my old RunUO server stuff and start over with ServeUO. I have a few basic questions to get me started. I have downloaded what I need and got a server running, but my Admin character logged into the ground. I guess I am not as thought as I smart I was. So, I have come here for a few basics.
1.) For LBR what client should I be running?
2.) Will RunUO scripts work "as-is" in ServerUO?
3.) I see tons of posts that are very old, so for 2018, with an LBR era shard, is XMLSpawner the way to go? Neruns?
Any other tips and/or pointers(to docs relevant for today) for the switch to ServerUO would be appreciated.
Many Thanks!
Noz

Welcome to the new world! ;)

I came from runuo 2.5 and am I ever glad I did! (after running the runuo shard for over 2 years My players weren't real happy at first but now 2 months + in to ServUO and they are all very glad we switched.

Being fairly new I can't be 100% on info but I'll give it a go!

1) I think you can run the newest client and just "limit" servuo to the era you want … every thing should work fine like that.

2)A lot of the custom scrips I used for runuo were just features that are on here already. But runuo scripts transfer fairly easily. (my coding isn't the strongest, but I can usually get them working.)
3) Since XML is included I would try that out first before trying to add in Neruns. I loved Neruns in runuo.

The people around here a very nice and real helpful and active, so post away with any thing you need help with. Posting in the correct category will help get you answers. So- script support or- bugs or -general questions and so forth. Have fun! And once again feel welcome! :)

E.T.A. OH! and logging in to the ground is a out of date client problem usually I think.

try running it with administrator privalage
That worked perfectly. Thank you much! Now I just have to decide if we are going to stay pre-AOS or not. This weapon properties thing is harsh. I just want to get the pre-aos properties to show, but not enable all the other AOS crap. Either way, it a lot of work, just going to have to commit one way or another. Definitely not a solo project. (Well for me anyway, I am just a script editor, not a writer)

Back