Hello everyone, glad to see so many UO enthusiast.

The introduction email upon signing up and awesome and easy to follow. I do have a couple questions though that my or may not solve what I am aiming for.

Starting UO back in the day I began at Lord Blackthorn's Revenge. This was the most nostalgic period for me. I was hoping to emulate that particular version exactly, and was curious if it was possible, if so, what additional steps to refine the the emulator to make it happen?

I was hoping that I wouldn't be restricted to the new client and if there were a cache of previous clients and or patches that would stop all the way up to the final update of of Lord Blackthorn's Revenge, which I believe is all the way up to 3.0.7b.

If I am able to, how would I execute these patches to apply to the client? Will the emulator here be able to support an older client, will the map and world as well as the weapon, armor system and monster spawns be able to be emulated properly, including quests? I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks in advance!

you can try here for your client, and the server should cover it and there are tutorials to take it back to T2A if you search these forumns: https://www.servuo.com/threads/poor-mans-uo-resource.1739/

Thanks for the speedy reply Argonious, I appreciate the resources. Looks like you got me on the right path. I am seeing what I need to do from this point going forward. I do have the LBR ISO downloaded and installing. I do see that it is wanting to patch and it can't because that server no longer exists. When loading it just shows Ultima Online is loading... with no further progress, so looks like I got some research to do. Thanks for a great starting point!
[doublepost=1548680358][/doublepost]Assistance if possible: Good morning. Well, got the ISO for LBR installed, figured out that I had to change compatibility mode for it to jive well with Windows. Now my second snag, when launching the ServUo.exe. I get this error and it informs the exception is fatal. Attached is the error that I screen shot. Any analysis and feedback would be appreciated. My Bitdefender did pop up but I added the script to the exception list the second time around and ran it again. Same result. Thanks!

Appending: Sorry the first screen shot was incomplete. Please view the second screen shot if you get the time. Thanks again, community!
[doublepost=1548683379][/doublepost]Second Screenshot with Error Message.

Attachments

• UoError.PNG
    UoError.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 6
  • UOError2.PNG
    UOError2.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back