My goal is to have an arty distribution system where every weapon/armor type can drop as an artifact with varying properties depending on the artifact level.

My question is what would be the best approach to this? I have seen a random artifact script here but it uses the same base weapons and then changes the item ID to represent each item type. This approach has its issues, for instance, all weapons will share the same wepskill requirement and special abilities, base swing speed ect. and not accurately reflect the true weapon types.

Trying to avoid writing 200+ scripts to cover each wep and armor type as well as their varying tiers, it is possible to reassign an item's base and not just its cosmetic? Or would it be possible to create and item and then have a second script assign its properties? Im just tossing thoughts about and looking for insight and direction. If you have an idea please chime in.

yeah its pretty simple you just open the weapon you want to alter slightly in notepad++ and then replace the item name with the new arti your creating then just set the new props. Once you get in the groove it goes by fast. I would just go with the 200+ scripts idea as it would actually be easier and quicker if you find that sweet spot.

Back