Sup. I'm more or less totally green here, and just started up my own development shard a few days ago.
Been messing around with some basic stuff to try and get a basic idea of the code, but I feel that I'm missing some basic info...

I have not found a way to determine which client I should install and use for the server. I'm running with LBR expansion because I dislike most of AOS's additions, but I think my client version is out of sync. I keep getting stuck on invisible obstacles with my character and running with an older version of UO I have installed these obstacles were visible (I don't want to use the old version though)...

Should I just copy the map files from the old installation? They are named totally different so I'm pretty sure that will mess things up :p Or can I somehow decide which is the best version of the client and get it somewhere?

Thanks.

This thread should hopefully provide you with everything you need to answer your questions.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/client-versions-uo-expansions-and-runuo-releases.96424/

If you have any trouble or questions don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck!
PS. Most people would recommend using the latest uo client, but there are specific reasons not to.
I'd also like to note that the latest uo client uses a file format called .UOP which is not compatible with many third party tools that rely on the old format .MUL There are plenty of threads asking about how to convert .uop to .mul and back to .uop so that should be well covered with a forum search.

This thread should hopefully provide you with everything you need to answer your questions.
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/client-versions-uo-expansions-and-runuo-releases.96424/

If you have any trouble or questions don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck!
PS. Most people would recommend using the latest uo client, but there are specific reasons not to.
I'd also like to note that the latest uo client uses a file format called .UOP which is not compatible with many third party tools that rely on the old format .MUL There are plenty of threads asking about how to convert .uop to .mul and back to .uop so that should be well covered with a forum search.

Thanks for the reply mate.

I read through the thread, and while it has a lot of good tips in there I don't see it specifically address the issue I'm having with invisible obstacles on the map (or maybe I don't know what's causing me problem and simply missed it).

Since I run the latest ServUO from git I assumed the latest client would be best "client-wise", but I still feel like the world map in my client is not in sync with the server.

A typical example:
In Destard level3 around the lave pool there are several tiles I cannot step on, but there appears to be nothing there. I log in on the server using my older client (and map files etc) and I see the typical dripstones on said tiles.
There are other places where I have similar issues, typical invisible obstacles or bridges I can't cross because I just fall through.

If I run the latest ServUO, will the server's version of the world map be the one found in the latest official client release? Are the problems I'm having caused by something else?

I didn't try the MUL -> UOP conversion yet since I'm not 100% certain what the problem is.

invisible obstacles on the map
Make sure your client files are the same version as the files your server is using. In Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs
Find:
Code:
private static string CustomPath = null;
Change null to the location of your UO directory path(or copied files from that same uo directory):
Code:
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\UOserverFiles\";

Be sure to start your directory path with the @ symbol, and encase the directory path with Quotations @"C:\path to server files";

Ah! Thank you! :D Seems like I could have read through the post more thoroughly ;) But I had already changed a "ClientDataPath" in OpenUOSDK.cs and thought was the path I was looking for... -_-
This did the trick! The invisble obstacles are gone, at least the ones I can remember! :)
Still having an issue with the part of the land in 3rd level Despise that connects the "island" in the pond to the main land, but that must be something else..

Thanks @Hank ! Very helpful.

Back