Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out how to cpmpile ServUO now - at first it was giving errors that dotnet is not a command or something alike; ok, I installed .Net 4.7. Then I started to get an error MSB3644 that I need a 4.8, which I can get from https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks. Ok, link leads to another place now, but I still downloaded 4.8 developer pack from there and installed, but it still gives the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

So far I added full access to folder's files for all Users, and it seem to work (I didn't do it for previous versions though, and neither starting bat as admin helped); not sure if it's a correct way, but so far it seems to work.

Got the same error that dotnet is not a commad. :eek:

Bonaccorso,
How do you add full access to folder's files for all users?
In the folder, right mouse click on empty space - Properties - Security tab - click "Edit" button below the "Group or user names" - Select Users and then select checkbox Full control - Allow, then Ok, Ok.

I'm having the same issue, I've downloaded these three below plus updated VS and restarted and can't get the thing to compile.

Will post an update if I figure out my issue.

1600623676549.png

partial update: I checked my .net installation and realized that I somehow had .net sdk 5 preview installed. I uninstalled that and now when I run compile.win it's at least recognizing that I have .net 3.1 but still getting a MSBuild error

update... ugh, ok so after doing the above I ended up at screen again

1600629918572.png

and proceeded to just close it instead of hitting enter because before doing the above it would go on to load the server and give me some other white letter message error

so the answer is: JUST IGNORE AND HIT ENTER

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This might help, After installing .Net Frameworks for developers I had to restart my computer before the server compiler worked for me! Not sure if this was unique to me or if this is a issue with the initial install from MS!

update... ugh, ok so after doing the above I ended up at screen again

View attachment 16638

and proceeded to just close it instead of hitting enter because before doing the above it would go on to load the server and give me some other white letter message error

so the answer is: JUST IGNORE AND HIT ENTER

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well as you can see it tries to run the command from the system32 folder.
that should normally not be the case

i am getting a
obj/release/.netframework,version=v4.7.2assemblyattributes.cs
cs0579 line 4 duplicate 'global : : system.runtime.versioning.targetframeworkattributes'
cant compile?

this is the error file
// <autogenerated />
using System;
using System.Reflection;
[assembly: global::System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute(".NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2", FrameworkDisplayName = ".NET Framework 4.7.2")]

i had it working once while traveling then i moved ip addresses changed and back to square 1. with these errors i never had before.

Last edited:
i had 2 client files in the server file and was giving the duplicate error... took 1 out made a ultima.dll error, took the other out and booted up..

so i deleted all obj and bin files still had same problem

i added backslashes to line 4 and it sparked up... some where else this info exists..
//[assembly: global::System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute(".NET Framework,Version=v4.7.2", FrameworkDisplayName = ".NET Framework 4.7.2")]

I am having the same problem I have all the runtimes and devpacks permissions are good. I tried whatever this discussion suggested and it still is not compiling. It seems to say .Net Framework 4.8 not found but I have installed it and restarted several times.

Error.png

uninstaller.png

Hmm this is different than the other cases in this thread. But did you try to delete and reinstall the net framework? Since the issue is that it cant find the net framework on your pc.

What version of Windows are we working with here?
Windows 10 Pro, Ver 2004, Build 19041.508
Post automatically merged:

Hmm this is different than the other cases in this thread. But did you try to delete and reinstall the net framework? Since the issue is that it cant find the net framework on your pc.
I did uninstall and reinstall and still get the same error

Last edited:
Back