ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
High Seas
Hello,
I'm trying to recover my old ServUO server but I'm stuck on recovering admin password which I, of course, forgot.

What I'm doing now:
WIth SHA1 online creating hash for a password (for example, "Adminpass" without quotes)
Formatting the result in the form AB-12-... etc with capital letters and dashes
Insering it instead of old password in Saves/Accounts.xml in server folder

When Server is launched and I'm trying to login I actually see the line "Login: 127.0.0.1: Invalid password for 'Admin'" in server logs, so problem is that this new password doesn't match what it should.

What did I do wrong?

You probably forgot salt ;) which is username

so instead of hashing with sha512 just the password use username+password as input string :)

Just use a initialize method somewhere, then set your password from there. That way you can reset it without trying to hack / bruteforce into your own server ;)

should be as simple as
Accounts.GetAccount("Admin").SetPassword("admin");

and you could add that for example in the Account.cs -> public static void Initialize() right befor or after the Eventsink init.

Once it is changed you save and restart the server, and then you can remove the line again

You probably forgot salt ;) which is username

so instead of hashing with sha512 just the password use username+password as input string :)
Thank you! This way it worked!
Just use a initialize method somewhere, then set your password from there. That way you can reset it without trying to hack / bruteforce into your own server ;)

should be as simple as
Accounts.GetAccount("Admin").SetPassword("admin");

and you could add that for example in the Account.cs -> public static void Initialize() right befor or after the Eventsink init.

Once it is changed you save and restart the server, and then you can remove the line again
Thank you!

Back