Recently I learned how to add custom land tiles with uofiddler, which I hope I did it right. But now Centred 0.6.3 will get to the "Please Wait...Initializing" screen, that will disappear, and nothing. Check the server and it shows I am logged in, but nothing on my screen.

I am using 2 separate pcs, 1 for server and 1 for client.

Centred 0.6.3 is a pretty old version so its unlikely to to support new data formats. You may want to grab a more recent version Centred, there have been some pretty nice improvement since the 0.6.x series. Here is the webpage : http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred

The settings.xml will have a couple extra settings, most important the client version for the maps. If your unsure about the format the map / art you are using then do a little trial and error until everything loads up proper. This guide covers the details of the server setup : http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/centred/wiki/Start_and_server_setup

Thanks so much guys.

And to you Francis, for showing me about the different flags. If I didn't use the newer flags, my maps would always look so screwed up. Now they look perfect.

map files
tiledata
radarcolor
centred+.exe
def2.xml
centred.xml
english.ini
clr-adapter.dll

EDIT
I thought for the hell of it I would try copying the map files over from one folder to another, from the one that doesn't seem to want to work to the one that does, change the mul #s and everything is working find. So far. Maybe you can only have one set of server files. I don't know. But though I would let you all know of what I did.

Last edited:
What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? Does the server fail to load? Your client cant connect? or something else?

Can you please describe the problem from start to end in detail, it will help us understand what is going on.

A couple of questions
  1. Which version of Centred are you using?
  2. Is your centred client the same version as the server?
  3. Which map file are you using? (map0, map1, ..)
  4. Is the Height & Width properly set for the specific map you are using?
  5. Does the path in xml correctly match the location of the map, tiledata, radarcol file paths?
  6. Is the centred.xml pointing to the same tiledata.mul as your centred client?
  7. What is the version # in <CEDConfig Version="?"> in the centred.xml?

Sorry for the many questions but the more details you provide the better we can debug. Hell if you can share you centred.xml (be sure to exclude the account info), it should allow to see if there is some mistake of sorts.

Which version of Centred are you using? ---- Centred+ 0.7.8
  1. Is your centred client the same version as the server? --- Yes
  2. Which map file are you using? (map0, map1, ..) ---- Map0 to Map5
  3. Is the Height & Width properly set for the specific map you are using? ---- Yes
  4. Does the path in xml correctly match the location of the map, tiledata, radarcol file paths? ---- Yes
  5. Is the centred.xml pointing to the same tiledata.mul as your centred client? ---- Yes
  6. What is the version # in <CEDConfig Version="?"> in the centred.xml? ---- 5
When it was connecting, the client, it would load everything then minimize the window. I would move my mouse over the program in my start bar and it would be just plain white. It did that everytime until I used the 0x0008 as suggested. But running two servers in two different folders it didn't like.

if you are running two servers as the same time do they have a different port number?

Have you tried just running a single one to see if it works?

Back