Hi!

Been a while, followed m309's tutorial and got the server running, logged in and was right at the top corner of the map.
It is a custom map, but I found the minimap and moved myself to a town. The only issue I have now is the tiles tab shows nothing. I have no tiles to select at all. art.mul and artidix.mul are both in the CentrED server folder but it just wont show any tiles.

Any pointers?

Thanks.

In the top row of buttons, there is an option to show or hide the main tile display. Check if that is set to hide.

Ok, very strange, I reloaded the app a few times last night trying to get it working and suddenly I just loaded it to check what you suggested and the tiles are now working.

I can only assume as I had RunUO and 2x Clients open as well as the CentrED client/server it just had issues.

Saves me starting a new thread, but when I set this up I have all my map files in the RunUO/Data/Map folder.
I have the same file sin my Ultima Online folder, and also as per your tutorial the same files in the PEBineries folder for CED+. How would I go about committing the changes? Do I save them in CED+ then copy those mul's to the RunUO/Data/Map folder and the client folder? Or is there a more automated way to keep everything in sync?

Yes, you'll have to copy them from your CED PEBinaries folder into your server and client folders. Just make sure to shut down CED first, as the files are being read/Written to by CED while it's open. There isn't an automated way to do this that I'm aware of.

Righto, hopefully will only need to do that the once when I finally finish decorating!
Last thing though :) Silly question, I can place doors in CentrED and they will work once commited right? Or do they turn into static non usable doors?

You have to place those in game, or yes they'll just be static. Nothing you place in CED will be "usable" in game in that sense.

Back