I don't see a problem so moving this out of the bug forum :)
Hmm really strange because we cant sit in any chairs not even a stool or the stone chairs. I even tried lowering it and raising it. I will compair the test script with the live and see.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
If you are using the original client (with razor or steam) you should have no issues sitting on furniture. Now, the client has a very few ITEMIDs that allow this behavior so you cannot add extra seating to the client yourself. You either use the appropriate ITEMIDs for sitting or...no sitting. So as an example, I wanted to replace the wooden thrones with something else so I had to find a chair and replace it.

If you are using an older version of ClassicUO alternate client...then sitting didn't function back then.

If you are using the original client (with razor or steam) you should have no issues sitting on furniture. Now, the client has a very few ITEMIDs that allow this behavior so you cannot add extra seating to the client yourself. You either use the appropriate ITEMIDs for sitting or...no sitting. So as an example, I wanted to replace the wooden thrones with something else so I had to find a chair and replace it.

If you are using an older version of ClassicUO alternate client...then sitting didn't function back then.
DARRRRN IT!! Well, at least I got an answer with this. Thank you for posting this. I was wondering 'why isn't the chairs working?'.

Dun dun dun - Because it's the client, not the other stuff. Again, thank you.

You can fool the client. You insert a new item of your new chair into the art. Normally, you put it in the world in the game and put an invisible chair on the same place where the new chair stands, which the client can recognize as a sitting object. This way you can program a new chair for the emulator.

You can fool the client. You insert a new item of your new chair into the art. Normally, you put it in the world in the game and put an invisible chair on the same place where the new chair stands, which the client can recognize as a sitting object. This way you can program a new chair for the emulator.
Yeah, if the client recognizes that the invisible chair exists for player characters instead of GMs. Which my version of the client doesn't so, in theory it works. In practice with a regular player character, it doesn't, not with my version of the client.

Try another solution. Choose one original chair and insert a 100% black color tile into the art ID (100% black and white is considered transparent in UO, used for alpha channel) . Then, either with a multis script or directly in a multis file, put this black tile and the second picture of your new chair in the same place. I didn't test it, but I'll try it on Saturday. theoretically, this method could work well. This way you will create all 5 chair directions that Ultima Online needs. 4 plus the omnidirectional (round chair).

Good news for everyone. The client can be deceived. As I wrote above, we can insert on the ID instead of any original transparent tile chair. And then you create a multis either file or script a new chair by using a transparent tile and some picture of the new chair in one place. Once inserted into the world, the character sits. I see it as a GM and I see it as a player. See picture: On the right sits a figure, on the left a sample of what he is sitting on.

I will write detailed instructions later.

Good news for everyone. The client can be deceived. As I wrote above, we can insert on the ID instead of any original transparent tile chair. And then you create a multis either file or script a new chair by using a transparent tile and some picture of the new chair in one place. Once inserted into the world, the character sits. I see it as a GM and I see it as a player. See picture: On the right sits a figure, on the left a sample of what he is sitting on.

I will write detailed instructions later.
Is it invisible in the multi? And - Does a player character sit? If so, than this is brilliant!

Yes, it works. It is necessary to realize what a principle it is. I place an invisible tile and any object to be seen on one coordinate. The invisible tile must be placed on the seated property ID in arts. This means sacrificing about 7 pieces of original chairs so that they can be used for their own new creations in all directions that the client recognizes. Anyway, it works. I will write a tutorial about the weekend.

Yes, it works. It is necessary to realize what a principle it is. I place an invisible tile and any object to be seen on one coordinate. The invisible tile must be placed on the seated property ID in arts. This means sacrificing about 7 pieces of original chairs so that they can be used for their own new creations in all directions that the client recognizes. Anyway, it works. I will write a tutorial about the weekend.
This is genius thank you! We have been wanting to add custom chairs for quite some time, never thought of pulling some trickery here. Well done :D

Back