ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
High Seas
Thanks to all the threads and resources here I finally got my own shard running and am able to play UO as the single player game I've always wanted. I've spent the last month leveling and crafting and all that and have been able to find answers for all my problems that have come up until now. With my combat skills acceptable I've started in the dungeons, but the spawns are overwhelming. Too many things respawning too quickly for one character. I ran out of a dungeon once and can't get back in because there's a mass of monsters just sitting at the entrance. I've tried some workarounds like getting my GM character to [kill a bunch of stuff to thin it out and changing the spellhelper.cs to allow recalls and marks in places for easier access, but it's not ideal. I'm not a scripting expert, but I can read. It got me to [xmlfind xmlspawner which seems like where to start. I can search Deceit and get all the spawners, but I don't see any other way to change things than by individual spawner. I see there are global commands, but I've found other spawns fine, just not dungeons. I saw the smartspawn option, but that doesn't seem like it would help. Ideally I want 1/2 the spawns respawning in 2x the time, but don't see a easy way to do that. I'd be surprised if there was, but giving it a shot. Thanks again, like I've said, I've already had plenty of questions answered by other threads.
Considering there are 4 Lurgs roaming the painted caves, that might be related to the issue.

Last edited:
This sounds like a common issue in UO. Specifically at Destard when you are trying to escape the dragons and they just wait on the inside for about 60 seconds then buzz off... It honestly just takes a little time for the mobs to disperse so I would just sit outside for about 5-10 minutes next time.

Back