Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow add something like Chat GPT to the AI in UO? Being able to have full conversations with NPCs like that would be incredible for world building. I've had very long conversations with Chat GPT-3 asking it to role play a story with me. It's incredible what it comes up with. I'd love to see this tech applied to NPCs in games! Especially UO.

I've already have it working with the npc's in ServUO, working currently on the next version to do much more, I believe the AI could be the core to the game engine itself! Dynamic battles/quests etc etc

Oh wow, that sounds incredible! Is this something anyone can use yet or is it still in development? I'd love to test it out!

Plus my sig has website link!

Last edited by a moderator:

Plus my sig has website link!
can this work with the old Runuo files?

This is only written for the current ServUO 58, which is cloned from the Github repo! As for backward compatibility, it might come, not promising soon due to other projects on the go, not to mention I am aiming to build a trained local ran ai for the server in the near future if things keep advancing as expected with models like Alpaca/LLama etc etc

I am not stopping anyone from attempting a merge with older servers!

Back