Ive been toying with the idea of having a command on a timer so at certain times the command will be active/decative.

Its not something ive done before or seen done so was wondering on the limitations of adding such a feature.

Anyone have any idea's on the possibilities of this?

I would think you could do this with a TimeOfDay check instead of a timer.

I've really been looking into timers lately and it seems to me that timers are overused considering you basically have DateTime functions and a running server clock with tickcounts. Timers seem most useful if you need something to run periodically without intervention (taking damage from a bleed attack) or if you need a running countdown, otherwise timers should be avoided.

Do you mean like a "cool down" timer?

Player uses a command that creates some reaction but they can't use the command again for X amount of time?

Ravenwolfe had the right idea with a timeofday check..

Im looking at making some more autoevents and of course only want them to be active at certain times of the day. Ive managed to make a few events that are semi auto and only require a staff member to say a command so im looking at a way to have the command said by itself at certain times of the day..

This can be done with XmlSpawner. It allows for Game or Real(shard) TOD checks, which sounds like what you are looking to do.

Back