Small Investigation on createworld with Mondain's Legacy content.
A few people on a couple different forums have been using the [Createworld command and it got me interested. What exactly happens when you do the decorateml command. ( That is all it's doing when the ML content box is checked, when using [createworld. )

Scripts\Misc\MondainsLegacy.cs
Is very similar to... (Why are there two scripts for essentially the same thing, needs more research)
Scripts\Commands\DecorateML.cs

MondainsLegacy.cs has some region and 'give' artifact code?
DecorateML.cs has the gump code.

Below this is all from DecorateML.cs

DecorateML
The commands Method is:

C#:
private static void DecorateML_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)

Here in this snippet you can see the folders that contain the cfg files.
C#:
Decorate.Generate("Data/Mondain's Legacy/Trammel", Map.Trammel);
Decorate.Generate("Data/Mondain's Legacy/Felucca", Map.Felucca);
Decorate.Generate("Data/Mondain's Legacy/Ilshenar", Map.Ilshenar);
Decorate.Generate("Data/Mondain's Legacy/Malas", Map.Malas);
Decorate.Generate("Data/Mondain's Legacy/Tokuno", Map.Tokuno);
Decorate.Generate("Data/Mondain's Legacy/TerMur", Map.TerMur);
Loads the entire folder contents which are .cfg files. You can navigate to them and look in the folders to see the cfg files.

So I recommend that if you're using a XMLSpawner file or pack that already contains the ML quest npc's you open up this script and comment out the Decorate.Generate for each facet you already have ML quest npcs. While I didn't go through every cfg file, a lot of them were entirely just ML npc's.

SettingsML = Data\Mondain's Legacy\Settings.xml
It loads the xml file in this method: public static void LoadSettings()
It saves the xml file in this method: public static void SaveSetings()
I'm not sure what setting these to true or false does exactly, yet.

Initial conclusion:
If you run the command as-is it will generate the cfg files into the world and add regular spawners for the quest NPC's. As well as the ML 'boss alters' and such.

Clearly this is a bit of the servuo code that could use some attention and cleaning up. It's not a high priority. Personally I would list updating/documenting the XML spawns above this. Also [createworld command/gump is terribly limited and lacks any information when accessed.

I hate to say it but this is a decent example of how aos and beyond was like a code addon instead of a code revamp. Of course this happened Pre-ServUO.

I have one question. Is it possible to change the text in those cfg files so that they're xmlspawners instead of regular spawners.
If anyone has any questions or random thoughts I welcome you to post it!

I never used [createworld so can't really help here, but it would be nice for more to join in here for more information :)

Back