Shafev

so i added a custom map to my shard replacing map 0 felucca

here is what i got into the mapdef

RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 0, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);

It is a older map that was smaller then the new map.

my problem is im in game and when i walk or anything i either fall though the map or will not let me move.

another issue i see was my spawns just go inside the map when they spawn?

If you replace a map you have to completely redo your spawns. You can't use the Felucca spawns on a custom map, since the elevations and landmarks will be completely different. This includes all decorations that are for Felucca in the Data folder.

thanks lokai i removed all spawns.

Okay still seems the client doesnt like the map at all i start walking and get teleported up and then when i walk i fall down. its weird

Well i figured it out, because no one said you had to have both uop and mul in the uo folder for server and client to read LOL. I just kept converting map to UOP ad overriting felucca map

But i will make a small guide for all new people.

To have a custom map on your shard.
First replace your UOP map with the one you want custom for the client to read. Then add the map0.mul into the same uo folder for the server to read the custom map.

That is the part every one left out.

Well i figured it out, because no one said you had to have both uop and mul in the uo folder for server and client to read LOL. I just kept converting map to UOP ad overriting felucca map

But i will make a small guide for all new people.

To have a custom map on your shard.
First replace your UOP map with the one you want custom for the client to read. Then add the map0.mul into the same uo folder for the server to read the custom map.

That is the part every one left out.
Shafev, thank you from the future kind sir! I literally been pulling my hair out on this one, even though classic client 7.0.10 - uses the UOP map files, it still requires the original map0.mul file for some odd reason, atleast with my setup too. Otherwise, your character can run around for a bit but eventually falls through world cords z= -84 lol

it could be a weird bug in what client your using.. it's "supposed" to be either or on map files, from what I hear.

Just to note, review/remove any other files you don't want the EMU to read (e.g. statics 1,2,3.mul - straidx2,3.mul and other Map2,3LegacyMUL.OPL files so it doesn't conflict.

Last edited:
7.0.24 and up as far as I'm aware uses UOP map files. Anything before that uses mul.
No idea Arturus, I do know I was able to see the map and walk around without having the map0 but certain tiles or if you [tele, you would fall through. For some reason the clients 7.0.13 - 7.0.20. it reads both, not sure if these clients versions do that due to it being the timeframe where it was transitioning the clients behavior so they allowed it?

I've used 2 clients in that range (7.0.15.1, 7.0.20.0) and never had that problem.
yeah pretty interesting stuff, Vox was surprised too and thinks it might be bug in the client itself, but yeah the thread owner on here had the same issue, only reason I found the thread lol -- anyways appreciate it guys!

Older clients and servers have a differnt z value for maps. There is a way to fix this using the server scripts i forgot how to do it was so long ago but had this problem when they changed to the larger map size myself and was running older server RUNUo but fixed it withion the scripts somewhere.

Scripts/Misc/MapDefinitions.cs

Change

C#:
TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = true; // OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = false; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0

To

C#:
TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = false; // OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = true; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0
@Vert-I-Go I think that's what you were talking about.

Back