So I have made a few custom pets that have large health pools. Upwards of 2k HP. They are nice for tanking.. As they don't do a whole lot of damage.. But they can take a large blow, well.. The problem I'm running into now, is Vet & Healing spells take waaaaaay too long to heal your pet up to full. In the past I used healing bombs, but they require that vitanex or whatever its called.. And everyone I talk to about Vitanex.. They say its buggy.. And I'm not installing buggy apps on my server. So my question is, what can I do to provide players with a way to heal large HP pools? Any suggestions?

One "quick and easy" way I see would be to try edits to this line in bandage.cs to heal in bigger amounts for pets.

Code:
                    if (m_Patient.Body.IsMonster || m_Patient.Body.IsAnimal)
                    {
                        toHeal += m_Patient.HitsMax / 100;
                    }

I'd try changing the line to

Code:
                        toHeal += m_Patient.HitsMax / 10;

and then go from there to tweak the amount of heals it takes. Since it deals in percentages it won't make healing lower pets much different but it'll add a lot of healing per bandage for your new pets. If 10% of max hits per heal isn't enough you could try a lower number. See if it does what you're looking for!

If you want the healing confined to just your new mobiles you can leave the original part alone and add a duplicate right under it featuring just your new mobile(s):

Code:
                    if ( (m_Patient is MyNewPet1) || (m_Patient is MyNewPet2) )
                    {
                        toHeal += m_Patient.HitsMax / 10;
                    }

Very cool! Thank you, i will look into this! I looked over the bandage script once, didnt think editing it would make a difference, i thought healing was based on characters skill.. thanks so much! :)

Back