ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Mondain's Legacy
Hi evyerone

I've been searching and all I found is how to delete "trammel". What I would like to do is get rid of all facets and keep only Malas.

This is what I did so far:

PublicMoongate.cs

C#:
public static readonly PMList[] Lists = { Malas };
public static readonly PMList[] ListsYoung = { Malas };
public static readonly PMList[] RedLists = { Malas };
public static readonly PMList[] SigilLists = { Malas };

public static readonly PMList[] AllLists = { Malas };

MapDefinition.cs

C#:
RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules);

In MapDefinition.cs I deleted all the lines and changed the first 3 parameters to 0 for the Malas Map.

This is the error I get:

Regions: Loading...Error during the creation of region type 'Server.Regions.GuardedRegion': System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException:

Is there anything I am missing?
What I did at the end is just leave the maps as they were in MapDefinition.cs (I don't need facets to be removed, just disabled or not be able to travel to them)

Then edited character creation starting point and Help Stuck Menu both to Malas. There's no way of escaping from malas anyway so that worked for me.

Last edited:
I think all that really needed to be done was just remove/not spawn moongates. No moongates, no travel to other facets, so they technically don't exist. And the gate travel spell wouldn't get anyone anywhere other than Malas either. No way to create runes in other places.

@Hammerhand
I thought the mapID and fileIndex have to match the files in your client. So shouldn't Malas and it's static files be registered as 3 instead of 0?

C#:
//RegisterMap(0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca", MapRules.FeluccaRules);
 //RegisterMap(1, 1, 1, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules);
 //RegisterMap(2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.TrammelRules);
 RegisterMap(3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas", MapRules.TrammelRules);
 //RegisterMap(4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.TrammelRules);
 //RegisterMap(5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur", MapRules.TrammelRules);

I think all that really needed to be done was just remove/not spawn moongates. No moongates, no travel to other facets, so they technically don't exist. And the gate travel spell wouldn't get anyone anywhere other than Malas either. No way to create runes in other places.

There are other ways, like the "my character is stuck and cannot move" option in the help menu. I'm sure theres others i missed. And creative players will find them. However I still think restricting access is a better option than not registering the map, as there may be further, unforeseen consequences. For instance, a stock script that tries to automatically spawn something there and may throw an exception when it realizes it doesnt exist. (Not saying it will, havent tried yet) For the record, UOG Rebirth used only one facet, released their source code years later and the other maps are still registered in mapdefinitions.

But if you really wanted to go that route, you might need to remove references to those maps from the regions and [go locations xml files, because I think the error you are getting is it trying to load a region on a map it doesnt know about.

What Llino said is also correct, your server will be looking at felucca (map0) mul file for collision detection even if the client is showing malas to the player.

Back