Hello everyone, I have a question for server administrators. The reason I closed my server was that I didn't know how to mediate with all the players. I firmly believe that it's a fun server for both PVP and PVM, and it's bug-free. I wanted to keep everyone happy, but whenever I made improvements for some, others would complain and even stop playing. How do you handle it when some people are unhappy and others tell you everything is fine? Thank you!

Ultima Online started listening to players pre pub 16 and than destroyed there game listening to the wrong players, the lesson here is that you'll never please all the players, so IMO it is best to build what makes you happy, if it is good, players will come, if not, than at least you are happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with Kita. Make what you want, or identify the specific people you are trying to please and cater your development to that smaller crowd. Personally I host something for myself, and a few friends, and the rest of the population is nice to have but I'm not doing it for them.

Ideally, it is best to have minimal contact with players and limit it solely to technical issues or, for example, through voting if there are doubts in making decisions. Otherwise, they will intrude upon you, start seeking your attention, and as a result, they may resort to blackmailing you with the threat of quitting the game if you don't play 'their game by their rules' or if you give unequal attention to someone else :)

Back