I'm wanting to edit UO steam so I can have modded client options toggleable like stump hack etc. I could of sworn I have seen a open source steam file. Also, does anyone know where I could find information about the lightning spell animations from sallos, I would love to edit my client to display that form of the spell.

If anyone can link these files or some insight I would appreciate it.

If you're able to work with uosteam or sallos code why dont you just go ahead and make your own modifications to the client?
I don't see what is stopping you. Bust out cheatengine and start getting memory pointers.
Maybe even run the client through a bit debugger to see where the jumps happen. heh
Learn about the UOP and MUL formats and how they interact with the client. :)

Stump 'hack' isn't even really a hack but it can be achieved that way. You can also just edit the art files. ;)

If you're able to work with uosteam or sallos code why dont you just go ahead and make your own modifications to the client?
I don't see what is stopping you. Bust out cheatengine and start getting memory pointers.
Maybe even run the client through a bit debugger to see where the jumps happen. heh
Learn about the UOP and MUL formats and how they interact with the client. :)

Stump 'hack' isn't even really a hack but it can be achieved that way. You can also just edit the art files. ;)

You come off as a dick, all the time.

I do want to modify the client side, not to break rules just to change animations etc. I want to make it so it's easily to toggle for others.

I'm wanting to edit UO steam so I can have modded client options toggleable like stump hack etc. I could of sworn I have seen a open source steam file. Also, does anyone know where I could find information about the lightning spell animations from sallos, I would love to edit my client to display that form of the spell.

If anyone can link these files or some insight I would appreciate it.

Even thought i dont understand your issue i will try to answer it.
As far i know there is no leaked Steam source. Razor yes but not Steam. If you want to know how to edit things client sided, there will be no clear answer, because most of us dont program our own graphical client to change animations.
However if you are able to unpack and pack UOP to mul, you should be able to modify animation files, change the stump stuff and such.
Or get https://github.com/ZaneDubya/UltimaXNA working..

Btw it is also very improper calling someone a dick who hinted out some ways to solve your problem ;)

Pretty sure Sallos just like ultimaXNA or Iris can use custom particle effects for their spell animations.

With the UO client your stuck with 2d graphics, i think the lightning spells graphics are in the gumpart.

Maybe the enhanced client is the same, but i dont know of any information on making custom particle systems for the enhanced client.

OP made a RunUO thread about this too: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/uo-steam-mods-and-sallos-animations.543125/

I tried to dig up information about sallos's lightning and meteor strike animations but I couldn't find anything. I recall reading about them in detail. The only thing I can remember off the top of my head is that they're 60fps.

Here is an explosion pot + lightning Gif.
ai.imgur.com_8YAFj83.gif

And this is 1 frame of lightning from 2d client \/
[uogump=20001][/uogump]

Back