Hey all.
Kind of an unusual request. I'm normally a scripter...but due to circumstances...I'm doing everything for my shard. I don't mind the massive undertaking (in fact, I really enjoy learning all the ins and outs of a shard), but there are a few areas that I'm greatly lacking. Specifically in the Artistic department. I can make sprites as I need them and I can build structures and even replicate styles and themes. But one kind of architecture that Ultima doesn't seem to have enough of is Elvish.
I know there are builders out there who are pretty proud of their work. I'm just asking if you'd be willing to post pics of some of your elvish buildings. I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out how to use the distro sprites to make an Elvish village or town.
Oh, and you must be okay with the possibility that I might just copy a few buildings until I understand the style.
I'm Beethoven when I need to be Mozart.

Thanks!

Thanks, I DID forget about the UOArchitect thread...but I have visited it before.

Back in the early days, when I was playing on OSI AND had my shard, I ran around grabbing screen shots of the players' houses that looked really good. This has been one of my weak points for a long time. My buildings are usually plain or functional or both. There are so many better designers out there...and Elvish design requires an understanding I haven't acquired yet.

I have a couple Elvish villages that I need to put together and am quickly realizing that I'm out of my league.

Back