I keep a pretty current backup of my entire ServUO folder on a couple external drives, and my GoogleDrive. But I noticed the folder has been getting surprisingly large. Seems to be the 'backup' folder. In the 'automatic' there is current, 2nd, and 3rd. Not a problem. But in the 'crash' folder there are... a lot more... The Crash folder is 800 Mb and goes back for months. How much of that can I safely delete? I would assume I could empty the crash folder, as long as my current setup is stable? Maybe keep the latest few? It just seems to be getting a bit cumbersome. :cool:

If you trust your current setup is stable, you can remove them. Or just purge them by month or something like.

That is what I assumed... I went ahead and left one copy on one of external backups but not on the other drive, and deleted all but the last one on the PC (was from November).

I would never have realized how big it was getting until I was making a backup on my GoogleDrive and it said it was a 1 Gb upload?! That was when I saw that 800 Mb of it was in old crash folders (some quite old).

I tend to notice our server files growth, since I have to zip it and send it to the other Dev every week lol.

Back