Yes, say "bye, bye" to encryption problems today with the old, yet new, UO-Encrypter!
That is correct, folks!
All your encryption problems will be gone with this simple little tool!

The best news is yet to come!

It is yours today, free!

(provided by @FingersMcSteal)

ABOUT:

It is an exe that creates a *new* client exe, without the encryption.

USE:
  1. Backup your client folder. (just to be totally safe, but you could just backup your client.exe file)
  2. Extract UO-Encrypter.7z into a folder and you should see UO-Encrypter.exe.
  3. Copy UO-Encrypter.exe into the client folder and run it (as an Administrator for you Windows-y people ;) ).
  4. Click "Make My Decrypted Client Now" and you should see Decrypted_client.exe created.
  5. Edit Login.cfg and change *both* addresses to point to the 'shard IP and port, like this: 127.0.0.1,2593 and Save the file.
  6. Run Decrypted_client.exe and login as normal!
Support:
This is posted here with no support from me and I would not obligate Fingers to support it either. This worked on my 7.0.12 client and for Eri's 7.0.23 client that I know of *for sure*.
If you use this on a *later* client, please add to this post and let everyone know your client version! ;)

Thanks heaps for this, Fingers! Great boon to the community!

Attachments

• UO_encrypter.7z
    103 KB · Views: 46
The newer Client Dectryptor v. 2.0 was once available for download here on ServUO. From Fingers. I will not look for exactly where to download it. Here you have it. Works for all clients, even the latest.

Attachments

• ClientDecryptor.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
The newer Client Dectryptor v. 2.0 was once available for download here on ServUO. From Fingers. I will not look for exactly where to download it. Here you have it. Works for all clients, even the latest.
Nice, I did see the ListUO post for the app, but the link it points to goes to an unrelated resource download, so no idea what happened there.
But thanks for this! ;)
ListUO-Launcher Connect to Server <--- This does not have the correct link in the post.

Due to working away from home a lot the domain ListUO expired unfortuantly, it got snapped up before i had a chance to sort it out.
Pretty sure it was something to do with the UOEvolution shard at the time, it's been turned into one of those nasty Top Sites i love to hate.

The site and app files still remain as backups on a PC at home, even the old ListUO website SQL stuff sits on a server (somewhere in london) so even the old forums are semi-alive somewhere.

I had started working on the bigger and better 'Shiny Patch Loading ReSkinnable All Singing All Dancing Client Loader' lol, but once the site went i couldn't see the point.

Never thought it would take off at the time.

It removes the encryption from the client.exe file.
Meaning you can just double-click client.exe without using Razor or any other external software.
You edit Login.cfg in your client folder with the 'shard IP and port and login. :)
I couldnt remember this hahaha! I got used to using a different method last time i was messing with UO :D

In other words, you log in to the game as a sphere without external programs. Just Client, Emulator and Ultima.

Back