Hello everyone,

I am attempting to run my own shard for me and a couple close friends to play around with.

I've followed the Tutorial and ran the compiler. The compiler completes and then asks me for the UO Directory and then if I'd like to create an account. I do both of these things and the compiler recompiles and asks me the same questions over and over.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

What is the question it asks over and over? Are you sure UO\Config\DataPath.cfg is configured properly? Is the UO Client on the Server patched?

I could be missing a step somewhere...

UO\Config\DataPath.cfg is set to C:\ServUO-master
The enhanced client I downloaded is 4.0.87.11 from UO Website. That is installed in C:\UO CLIENT

What happens when I run Compile is, it does its thing then asks me for the UO Director. I type in C:\ServUO-master
Then it asked me if i want to create a user account. I type in a user name and password.
It then recompiles and asks me for the UO Director, and if want to create a user account again.

Is something wrong with the directories I have setup?

The DataPath.cfg would have to point to C:\UO CLIENT, not to C:\ServUO-master.

Make sure you ran UO.exe at least once to confirm it has downloaded and installed the patch, or else it won't work.

Edit - If you haven't ran the patch, you will get a bunch of TileData.cs errors (I think it was). Just means the server doesn't have the map data, since the server uses its client for map files.

@DragnMaw

Your suggestions worked perfect. I am able to run and connect to the server. Thank you

My world is pretty empty. I type in the "create world" command in the console and it does make the Create World Gump appear. Any idea why that might be?

It should be [createworld all one word. Should bring up a GUMP, just hit check all, and okay. Server may crash during generation. [GenMiniChamp should be ran afterwards to spawn in the mini champ system in Stygian Abyss. You can also look at [SeasonSystemGump which brings up the seasonal event gump, and will allow you to turn on ToT drops from there. (As well as turn on or turn off any of the Seasonal Events you may wish to)

Back