I've been looking for some decent system of vampires and werewolves. Being unable to write something that complex made me seek for it, however, I seem not to be able to find anything that would be working.
I've tried the Freyd's Vampire System v2.0 (including Werewolves), but it seems to display an error that says 'using' is not the right thingy for Server.Commands. I've dropped the idea there, as the system iteslf was supposed to run on RunUO 2.1. I was trying to run it on RunUO 1.0
Have you got any suggestions?

You can open any command scripts in RunUO 1.0 and look how declared command call. After it you will can fix your erros. Just copy scripts and change command text.

You may have better luck than me using RunUO 1.0 ^^ But beware using this system. Installation went fine for me (RunUO 2.2). I tested the system using potions of vampirism/werewolf and the cure potions. Something was wrong with the bat or wolf form not being canceled upon death, which made the screen flickered between color and black&white, very creepy stuff. Apart from that, everything was fine. Rebooting the server made the player mobile to be broken, which ends up with a fatal error when compiling : An error was encountered while loading a saved object. Sad story of my life, I wish I had this system working... oh my...

Command call, isnt it like this ?
C#:
#if(RunUo2_0)
            CommandSystem.Register("Test", AccessLevel.Administrator, new CommandEventHandler(Test_OnCommand));
#else
            Register("Test", AccessLevel.Administrator, new CommandEventHandler(Test_OnCommand));
#endif

Last edited:
made XmlAttachment
and

public override void OnGaveMeleeAttack( Mobile defender )
{
base.OnGaveMeleeAttack( defender );
if ( 0.1 >= Utility.RandomDouble() )
DrainLife();
}

public override void OnGotMeleeAttack( Mobile attacker )
{
base.OnGotMeleeAttack( attacker );
if ( 0.1 >= Utility.RandomDouble() )
DrainLife();
}

public void DrainLife()
{
ArrayList list = new ArrayList();

foreach ( Mobile m in this.GetMobilesInRange( 2 ) )
{
if ( m == this || !CanBeHarmful( m ) )
continue;

if ( m is BaseCreature && (((BaseCreature)m).Controlled || ((BaseCreature)m).Summoned || ((BaseCreature)m).Team != this.Team) )
list.Add( m );
else if ( m.Player )
list.Add( m );
}

foreach ( Mobile m in list )
{
DoHarmful( m );

m.FixedParticles( 0x374A, 10, 15, 5013, 0x496, 0, EffectLayer.Waist );
m.PlaySound( 0x231 );

m.SendMessage( "You feel the life drain out of you!" );

int toDrain = Utility.RandomMinMax( 10, 40 );

Hits += toDrain;
m.Damage( toDrain, this );
}
}

I was just made a example , but I can help you if need help.
I'm currently work into big project.
contact me on discord Ghrom#7243
anyone can script can contact me and help me or sharingscript.
my level of script have no limited. i can make your system very fast and easy, just need the information of what exactly want is to do in-game and we test it fast

Hi again! So did you manage to make this system work on your RunUO 2.0? I'm searching everywhere to add vamp/werewolves myself, can't get this one working since it crashes my playermobile, i'm kinda afraid of it right now. That's odd, this system is set for 2.1, but the codes seem to fit my RunUO 2.2 although it did not work. Any other suggestions to implement this kind of system? By using XmlSpawner, attachments (XmlLifeDrain???), maybe?

Last time i did fail to get it working, I think its the serialization/deserialization that made the playermobile to break, but i'm no pro at all, how could I be sure!

I could not, but I got some help and a guy wrote this

Perhaps you can use this

Attachments

• VampSys.cs
    4.2 KB · Views: 29
Awesome ! I love attachments cause they are independant of any core modifications. I'll take this file and see what else I can do with it, this is a good starting point I guess, thanks a lot my friend!

Here the complet script i made for him , the bat is bite and the players get infected ! ( the attachment is add to the player ).
he want the sunlight do damage.
i send him complete time systeme

Attachments

• DDVampireBat.cs
    3.3 KB · Views: 33
  • VampSys.cs
    4.2 KB · Views: 29
Bats to give a small chance of infection is a nice idea here! I will also inspired myself with this file. Thanks mate!
In my actual system, Vampirism could be done by drinking a blood potion ONCE A WEEK ?
To gain in Stages, I was thinking of something like the Pet Bond system, for each week the vampire gain one stage? But how ?
(just another fun way and idea than the Bats)

I did not manage to create the entire system yet cause it takes a lot of time... But i'll show you what i've done so far.
Pretty much based on XmlLifeDrain, I managed to merge XmlTitle and the Vampsystem together.

I turned RSVampire to VampireStages, since I wanted to see a vampire getting stronger with each stages.
Added some Mobile Props to be changed when Vampirism is applied such as : Criminal status, Night Sight, Skin Hue, etc... some props I dont know how to change them, like FireResistOffset, sadly :( AND, Im still not sure how to change these props after reaching higher stages of vampirism.

Exemple : No night sight on stage 1, if stage 2 then apply full LightLevel. No sun damage on stage 1, stage 2 has damage, and stage 4 has full damage. Drain % and effiency gets greater as you gain in stages, etc. You get the point. ^^

I wanted to script Sunlight Damage, but for this one, i'm not sure where to begin yet...
There could be much more to do like Vampire Hunters that hit vampires harder than other,
Again, this is something i'm not sure how it is done for now.

Check this out - hope this fits what we want lol
VampSystem1.png

Last edited:
will be in playermobile > CheckLightLevels , we can many check what # of the light actually so
inside the checklightlevel direct put something like
if < 12 && >0 && vamp attach == 1
timer >
lost 1 hits
return timer

Suggestion : Use the GetTime() ref Clock.cs to retrieve time of day in conjunction with a region check to ensure the player is outside in sunlight!

Back