So I decided to try to run the server I've been working on through a VPS just to see what it preforms like over the internet.

First off I had to operate the VPS through what seems to be a remote connection. Very laggy and it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting me.

So I manage to download my current ServUO folder with all of my edits and the world is spawned ect. Running perfectly on my pc.

I unzip the folder and download UO CLASSIC CLIENT from UO.com and patch. So its a fresh install and patch of UO CLASSIC.

I then try booting up the server and it fails. It kept saying stuff about camps? like banker camp bandit camp ect would I like to delete then it would crash anyways.

So I decided to try a fresh install of ServUO. The fresh install actually booted up but then I needed to change some fire wall settings to get a connection to it.

SOOOOOOOO Even with the fresh install of ServUO I still ran into big problems... SO I could get into the server and run around but the first thing I did crashed the server... I tried to type "[add eth" so it would pop up the search window and I could pick from all the ethereals. This "[add eth" command crashed the server. I tried typing the full name this time "[add etherealhorse" and it let me add it without a crash I road it around no problem... Next thing I tried was... "[createworld" just to see... And it crashed it instantly. sooo…

I'm trying this on vpsserver.com so also its on windows server 2019. ServUO is set to run as administrator. I'm not seeing why this is happening... So here is a screen shot of the error. Apologies for not getting the actual text but its through a remote connection.

Most people using ServUO on VPS are using linux and mono.

are the zlib dlls in the same folder as your servuo executable?

a remote connection as in rdp? you should still be able to copy and paste

Most people using ServUO on VPS are using linux and mono.

are the zlib dlls in the same folder as your servuo executable?

a remote connection as in rdp? you should still be able to copy and paste
Yeah man they are in there. Not doing anything weird just a fresh install and run.

ok so I need "visual studio runtime 2008" lol no its VCRuntime
Post automatically merged:

OMG IT FREAKIN WORKED THANKS PYRO!!!!!!!!!

I painstakingly downloaded then installed "vc_redist.x64" VC Redistributable 2019 and it worked. lol thanks man
Post automatically merged:

Wow cool it's actually working pretty well. Haven't noticed much lag with just me in the server. sometimes my in hits a little over 100 kb and I can't even notice it. So cool! It would be like 35 bucks a month for this dallas texas server at vpsserver.com. Anyone know of anything better? or cheaper

Last edited:
I am setting my server up on a cloud server Atlantic.net right now there offering first year free

Back