manwitch submitted a new resource:

Gold Panning - Gold Panning system

I have this in current servuo and it works fine. Just add a way to distribute the pans and place the GoldNuggetTrader.

Not my script, just sharing. Hammerhand and Milva get all the credit for this dandy system.

I should also say that I changed some of the gold traders saying.... they might not be completely family friendly, please look over them and change them to fit your shard! There's also an added line in there about buying the pans from miners, so if you're not going to have the miner vendors sell them you will want to get rid of that line too.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I think only if you want to edit a script for distributing the pans ie. putting them on a vendor. All credit goes to @Hammerhand

eta LOL I just looked at the files, they all have a credit at the top hammerand and milva I fixed the OP to give credit! :)

Last edited:
If you are using RunUO 2.x you will need to edit GoldPanningSystem.cs and remove line 111:

Code:
new BonusHarvestResource( 100, 2.0, 1113349, typeof( DelicateScales ) ),

This does not exist in MiscMLResources.cs in RunUO 2.x it will throw an error.

The attached copy is the edited version for RunUO users.

What a neat system though!! Thanks for sharing manwitch! Thanks @Hammerhand & @Milva

Attachments

• Gold Panning ver 2.1 for RunUO 2.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Nice, but it doesn't appear to have any means of raising Mining so one can actually find some gold. 'Course one can just go mine the usual way but...
In any case, it's a quick fix:

public override void OnHarvestStarted( Mobile from, Item tool, HarvestDefinition def, object toHarvest )
{
base.OnHarvestStarted( from, tool, def, toHarvest );

int tileID;
Map map;
Point3D loc;

if ( GetHarvestDetails( from, tool, toHarvest, out tileID, out map, out loc ) )
Timer.DelayCall( TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 1.5 ),
delegate
{
if( Core.ML )
from.RevealingAction();

Effects.SendLocationEffect( loc, map, 0x352D, 16, 4 );
Effects.PlaySound( loc, map, 0x364 );
from.CheckSkill(SkillName.Mining, 0, 100); //Add this code snippet
} );
}

Back