Hi guys! I was looking for suggestions in order to find good beginner resources for learning C#. I have been fiddling with RunUO for years, so I'm pretty familiar with its structure and syntax, but I never actually learned C# and how to code. Could you suggest some serious resource to me in order to learn properly c#?

It depends on what level you like to start. Here are some links.

4½ hour from start including the installations.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also a good source for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/user/IAmTimCorey/playlists <-- good resource then you are up and running and wonder how a specific thing works. [I Think this is best for you]

https://www.servuo.com/threads/newbi-to-servuo.11594/#post-69218 <-- check this too.

-Grim

Last edited:
Thanks Grim. Let's say that I'm not a complete beginner, back in high school during my science classes we studied several basic languages , but it was years ago and I forgot a lot of things, so I believe that I should approach c# as a complete beginner. Have you got any good text-based resource besides the Microsoft documentations? I'm not a fan of videos, but I will check out the ones you posted!

Something like this may be or is it books you are looking for?

Post automatically merged:

This is a good start, it is a bit old but the main way is the same. The difference is that it might be some faster ways to do some stuff. But this is a good explanation.

Visual Studio 2013 step by step, this book goes throw the basics in a good way. It is still used by schools. My friend did buy it last year to use in class.

Last edited:
Well, thanks a lot! The guide of Scott Lilly seems pretty fun. Would you suggest to start by watching those video guides before, and then looking at the other guides, or I can start directly with those text based resources?

Here is a few more for you to check out!

For Beginners

This channel covers everything from Beginners to Advance
Post automatically merged:

Another video for every coder in General!

Clean Code - Uncle Bob / Lesson 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back