Hi,

I've been around Ultima Online from the beginning, but am a total noob to ServUO. My hope is to learn as much as I can.

Welcome!

I would suggest starting out with the standard out-of-the-box server and learning the basic commands - adding items, [props -ing them, etc. Then move on to adding spawners and configuring them and then maybe trying a custom script or two from the archives. Once you get started you're never finished!

Hi,

I've been around Ultima Online from the beginning, but am a total noob to ServUO. My hope is to learn as much as I can.
Heh...I have already delved deeply down the rabbit hole. Its so easy to lose time, but it is amazing. Not that I have even touched much of the surface yet. I have no idea what I am doing.

I started with a pre-fabricated server, Land's of Archon, on the recommendation of a friend. Unfortunately I keep crashing now everytime I try to add something, object or mobile, into the server. Should I just remove Land's of Archon and start fresh? If any of you have experience with this I am all ears.

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome, I am looking forward to learning and interacting with all of you here.

The Lands of Archon is great, but it has many many modifications made in order for all of the systems to work together, so changing anything there without knowing what has already been changed will be difficult. If you have the Hard drive space there is no reason to delete it, just download a new server and dont have them both running at the same time.

The Lands of Archon is great, but it has many many modifications made in order for all of the systems to work together, so changing anything there without knowing what has already been changed will be difficult. If you have the Hard drive space there is no reason to delete it, just download a new server and dont have them both running at the same time.
Excellent, thank you! I'm starting to understand things more.

I'd learn the basics on a vanilla server first so the custom files found in the donated full shards don't interfere with getting to know the software. Most of those shards are based on much older versions of ServUO which would make it harder to search for help & info about how things work.

I've been doing this for 10+ years and it has still taken me 2 years of off & on tinkering to make a shard that's almost ready for public access (my own, not the one in my sig). Maybe by Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or New Year's 2020... :D

Back