My friend,

I stand here frozen in the Ether. Under the spell of the bastard sorcerer
who has risen again.
You know him as Mondain.

Every curse and every vile being he has unleashed again upon my dear Brittania.
Mondain exists in the ether but can only be killed in the physical.
Of the million shards that formed, this shard he calls his home. He calls the land Guardia.

You must collect the 5 body parts of Mondain's body, scattered over all of Brittania…
and the outlying lands

Find the crystal of llumination, take the body parts and crystal to the Temple of
Illumination and use the crystal.
With the Crystal and slay him. Burn his body with his soul bound to the crystal
and he shall never again revive

Good luck traveler,
Let the Virtues protect thee.

I am targeting the setting of past, single player, Ultima games although we are definitely not discouraging multi player (it is an mmo). We are using a custom modified client. We have a server although it isn't on all the time right now and the shard itself isn't 'complete.We have a lot of modifications, including a lot of familiar ones from this site. Some of the cooler ones (I think) are a druid magic system, blue magic system, level system, the diablo socket system, and dozens others. I've built up several cities using UO architect. I am working on a flying island/castle and I also have a flying carpet and flying mounts that I'm tweaking to make them work with different maps like Malas where the z coordinate is different and keeping them from going into certain areas like the black space and the star space in Malas. I know it will be a lot of work but I also would like to use the airship code to build a ferry similar to WoW.
I've been playing UO since it first came out, although I didn't get into any of the emulation until a few years ago. .Ultima has been one of my favorite franchises for years and the chance to build on it thrills me.

As for coding experience, I start coding in Basic in the early nineties, C/C++ in 2000, Java in 205, C# in 2010, and miscellaneous languages such as python as well. I've been scripting in C# and UO for about three years now., I have experience in UO Architect and Pandoras Box for about three years, and I am just getting into CentrED+ and UO Fiddler. I really want to start getting into the actual ServUO code and maybe even make a patch for the shard to add a new facet to the game.

A little bit more about the shard:

-No skill cap
-Luna Hub offers training for new and advanced players
-Runebooks library to mining areas and sites of interest for those interested
-Flying mobiles
-Luna Star Market offers hundreds of add-ons for those willing to pay the price
-Custom ores, leathers, woods, etc.
-Custom dungeons
-Custom towns
-Custom deeded mounts
-Tons of space for housing and personal buildings
-Custom magic systems and alchemy systems
-Evo weapons and mobs
-Seasonal/Holiday Quests
-Guild Houses
-Travel books to gate around the shard
-Custom apparel
-Custom tinkering
-Summoner System
-Lots of Mobs
-Time of Legends
-Imbing and Reforging
-Harvest System
-Rune Crafting
-Level System
-Diablo 2 like sockets
-Everlasting Lock Pick
-Everlasting Bandage
-Firerock Crafting
-Soul Crystals
-Advanced Archery
-Reward Tickets
-Soul Bound Evo Weapons
-Personal World Teleporter
-Dynamic Mining
-Half-Life Weapons and Armor
-RegBags

Every player starts with:
6000 Gold
Candle
Master Storage
Tome of Character Development
LogoutRun
Travel Book
Four ListPlus50SkillBalls
HomeStone

Blessed Shroud: Blessed
Defense Chance Increase 10%
Hit Chance Increase 10%
Lower Reagent Cost 80%
Physical Resist 50%
Fire Resist 50%
Cold Resist 50%
Poison Resist 50%
Energy Resist 50%

That's about it. So, pm me if you are interested and make sure to visit the web site.

https://www.guardia-shard.com/

-Arcadius

Last edited:
Back