I have over a decades worth of Ultima Online resources stored on a hard drive. It's been a long time since I have been active in this community; I want to say over a year now. As of late, and I am fairly sure my feelings are indefinite, I will not be returning to this community once I am able to find someone to relieve me of these resources. This person needs to be local to Gainesville, FL, or be someone who can provide a really fast connection and keep it up for a few months while everything uploads to an online cloud space; simply because of your interest does not guarantee you will be entitled to these resources. I will be relinquishing these resources to someone I feel will make good use of them, but will not be stingy with them either. I know some of you will be excited about the news so let me be clear about something:

Before I go on with my spiel: I will mention that over the years I have had email correspondence with Ralph Koster and he has assured me that both he and Richard Garriott support the emulation of Ultima Online. Electronic Arts and Broadsword Entertainment however do not condone emulations as a policy; legality is ambiguous at best, but I can say without a doubt that the original developers definitely support this hobby and have "checked in" to see what people have done with the game from time to time - anyway I hope that puts some of your minds at ease :)

With that, and while I support the emulation community, I want to point out that this hobby IS an emulation and the product of many peoples work and thus your acknowledgement of that goes a long way with me. Sure you might have added your own scripts, modified other people's scripts, and got creative with the graphics, but the fact remains that every custom server uses the same base artwork, animation, and code base; whether you are dealing with the official game clients, a custom game client, or a RunUO/ServUO server console. This is the type of integrity I am looking for with the people who are wanting these resources.

So by taking these resources you agree to share, FREELY, with other people - failure to do so will result in me releasing everything onto a European web server for people to download at their leisure; I don't want to have to put in the work to do that; so share the files, stop the selfishness that spreads like a plague among the "elite" of server owners and help people enjoy the game. This idea that running an emulation is competitive is ridiculous; especially since you guys are emulating a 22 year old game! This hobby is really only good to teach you to program not be a source of income. lol

On a more lightened note, thank you to the following people for making my own server emulations a reality:

Alari, Alien, Art Gordon, Chocobutter, Daat99, Deragon, Dexter_Lexia, Dknight (UOLandscaper), DMurphy (ServUO), Felladrin, Freya, Fwiffo, GD13, Hammerhand, HellRazor, Insanity, Jase Giffin, Joeku, KaRaShO', koluch, Lokai, Lord_GreyWolf, m309, Mech, Milva, Mitty, Morexton, Mortis, OtimPyre, Phantom, PigPen-Divinity, Praxiiz, Robert (OrBSydia), Ryan (RunUO), Soteric, Tab, Tasanar, Thagoras, Tindo, Tresdni, Tristem, Voxpire, Zerodowned

I would also like to acknowledge that there were many more people than this, but these are all the people I actually talked with over the course of my time with the community. I would also like to thank the following communities:

SoloLearn.com, Lynda.com, RunUO.com, ServUO.com, inet2inet.com, udemy.com

Interested People Please Send Me A Message Via Discord @ gametec#9230
Post automatically merged:

If I don't hear from anyone within a week, I will delete the resources permanently...

• Official Clients from Beta to 7.0.23.1
  • Thousands of Scripts archived off RunUO.com
  • Ultima Online Editing Tools
  • Custom Art and Maps both I created and other people (Including ALL of DarkShards Stuff)
  • Emulators for: RunUO 1.0 and RunUO 2.7
  • Misc Third-Party Programs to help you along the way...
  • Developer Notations and a scrapbook folder

Last edited:
Hi Gametec

The client library is about 133GB, but how much space are we talking about for the rest? Mega can hold 50 GB on every account and the data is encrypted so EA needs to make a claim to remove something. They cant "search" throw all their discs. Even my oldest uploads are still there after 3 years. In that way, you would give the community a chance to grab a copy for backup. I have 16.6K forum attachment files from RunUO but I never got the "addon library" how big is this script part?

Edit: RTP files are always of interest if you might have old clients from previous existing shards this can include files in patch directory or be full clients of versions that we don't have today and thought was forever lost.

-Grim

Last edited:
Hi Gametec

The client library is about 133GB, but how much space are we talking about for the rest? Mega can hold 50 GB on every account and the data is encrypted so EA needs to make a claim to remove something. They cant "search" throw all their discs. Even my oldest uploads are still there after 3 years. In that way, you would give the community a chance to grab a copy for backup. I have 16.6K forum attachment files from RunUO but I never got the "addon library" how big is this script part?

Edit: RTP files are always of interest if you might have old clients from previous existing shards this can include files in patch directory or be full clients of versions that we don't have today and thought was forever lost.

-Grim

Script Archive...........................................................................Client Archive........................................................................... All together the drive is 185gigs
13926 13927
Post automatically merged:

These are my archived servers I have collected as reference over the years, these are just game files, but contain custom graphics and modifications:

Last edited:
Back