Hello. ive been playing UO for 10 years on and off and i recently installed ServUO to play around with. I was wondering if there is a list somewhere of must have tools and resources that every shard owner should have. I understand that this might be a loaded question as there are tons of resources that can be used. Any information is appreciated.
Thanks for your time!

Greetings and welcome! Here is a list of resources I use. I am not an expert by any means, and this list is far from exhaustive, but I managed to do just about everything with these resource...and tons of help from the wonderful individuals of the RunUO and ServUO community.

Razor
For connecting to your shard.

UOFiddler
Essential for viewing and editing various UO files: Items, Animations, Gumps, Sounds, Hues, etc. It is more robust than this, but this is what I use it for.

RegionEditor
Useful for easily setting up and modifying regions.

CentrED
UOspecific map editing program if you want to modify the maps. There are others, but this is the one I use.

Nerun's Distro
I am using RunUO for my shard, and used this to initially spawn the world. I believe ServUO has a [createworld command that also spawns decorations and such, but you would have to search for more info on the forums.

PaintShopPro (or other image editing software of your choice)
If you plan on creating or modifying the existing UO artwork.
Post automatically merged:

Pandora's Box
Useful tool for simplifying admin tasks, placing items, etc.

Last edited:
Back