Im looking for help. Trying to get a server running AoS. But I came upon many weird issues, I hope someone can light me up on these.
I first tried ServUO to run a test server but read that it is better to use RunUO for such old expensions.

I went on this link to download and patch my AoS client to 4-0-4t, copying each patch folder at a time. https://mega.nz/#F!q9ggRYqQ!mICnqg3ijhV2MPP0Hoxrqg
Then I got an old version of RunUO 2.3. I tried the 1.0 but the app asks to download .NET Framework version 1, which is lost in time.

I launched the server, logged in as an admin. But my character appears In the ground. I can't see any monsters. I went to Despise to see that the entrance is blocked. It does not seem my client is up to date, or my server isnt running everything. I really do not understand what's going on....

If someone can point me some tips I would really appreciate.
Thanks !

You need to make a copy of the game client folder and point the server's DataPath to it. It's located in Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs Once the server can see the same client info you're playing on you should be able to stay above ground.

The world is totally empty in a new server, especially from the RunUO days. There are no mobs spawned. There are no teleporters placed that let you "enter" dungeons.

You'll want to use Nerun's Distro to get your world set up and ready to play. Thankfully it still supports RunUO 2.3 and he's got instructions on how to install the scripts and populate the world.

Hi Falkor,

My Datapath.cs is already pointing to a different (copy) client folder. Not sure why my character was below the ground...
Your link is a very useful one, but it does not spawn everything, which is weird : there are no solen caves but an endless field of grass, i went into covetous and there's no fire burst at the entrance, i went back to despise but the screen went black upon entering the dungeon! Am i missing assets?

I didnt expect such a fast answer, thank you so much

Edit : My character is still under ground, specially when using M Tele command. Im pretty sure i'm using a different client for server and razor...

Did you follow the directions on the Nerun download page?

Usage

1. Use command [spawner, it's the easiest beginning.
  2. Then click Apocalypse now.
  3. Now click Let there be light.
  4. Now Select Spawns by Expansion. There are 3 options: Classic Spawns (pre-ML era), Mondain's Legacy and KR, SA and HS era.

The actual Solen caves don't get spawned. They exist in the client art and if you are patched to 4.0.x they should exist. It's worth noting that the Solen Hives location on the map is inside a large grass area known as Green Acres. If the patch wasn't successful then you're in the right place but your artwork is missing. You could try logging into the shard with a newer (say 5.x) client just to see if there is any difference.

The fire traps inside the Covetous entrance should be part of the world decoration files. I haven't spawned a world with Nerun's in years though, and I probably haven't played a 4.x client since 2002 when it came out.

This list of RunUO commands may help get the world started, especially the various "decorate" commands.

Good morning!

I followed the directions of nerun download page. When using ''let there be light'', i have to select UO Era in the create world gump. The oldest supported Era is Samourai Empire (4.0.5a to 4.0.11c), I'm trying to use AOS (3.0.8z to 4.0.4b2). Im pretty sure I patched my client (or there is a way to do it which I miss?).

I tried to patch my AoS client first with 4.0.4b2, it happened the same thing as seen on this thread, post 4 : https://www.servuo.com/threads/age-of-shadow-nostalgia.11574/#post-69135. The screen froze, waiting for some packets.

Then I tried to patch to 4.0.4t as suggested in the same thread, the game launched but the game is not AoS anymore, it adds SE contents to it... My character can get under ground, monsters can walk on water, regs appear on water too, many doors are missing, monsters disappear under ground also, there are no Solen caves. Artwork missing, but how?

So I went to download newer client to see if there is any difference. I got the ML pack found on the forum : https://www.servuo.com/archive/uo-ml-fully-patched-to-5-0-9-1.596/. Installed ServUO, changed the Datapatch config to a copy and changed the Expansion config to AOS. In game, after creating world, monster walk on water and there are no solen cave artwork. Fire traps are missing too. So i'm typing in some ''Decorate'' commands. Nothing is fixed. The last command I entered was ''DecorateT2A'', which took a very long time, not sure if that works, my game froze completely, i closed it, i got tired and went to bed.

I'm out of ideas then -- it's hard to troubleshoot someone else's install of an abandoned server code and a client I haven't used in 17 years. I ran RunUO RC2 (not even full version 2.0) for years but that's as old as I go with the server.

You may be able to find a complete shard from that era to download here:

Back