I'm having a few problems with UOLandscaper, and hoping someone can offer some help to resolve them.

I have read through this thread from 2015 which seems to have the most information: UO Landscaper v1.4.x

I have created the registry entry also as shown in that thread, but i'm constantly getting unhandled exception errors with most of the .exes associated with uolandscaper. I've attached that as uol_error1.png.
uol_error1.png

When I run UOMapMake.exe to generate the MULs, i'm also encountering problems. Shortly after starting the conversion a "Transition" message box appears and just lists a path and an ok button, not sure if this is an error or what, I've attached as uol_error2.png.
uol_error2.png

After I hit okay, it continues on with the process and then the next message box appears, uol_error3.png
uol_error3.png

I hit okay there and it finishes. I copy all the MULs to my folder to view in centred, and the coast is having quite some interesting difficulties lol. You can see in the one screenshot the transitions from forest to grass is fine though. I have tried version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 & 1.5 of UOLandscaper and the problem persists.
uol_centred1.pnguol_centred2.png

The BMP files for terrain and altitude are both indexed with the correct color tables & 8 bit. I have tried quite a few methods of different Z to resolve the coast/shallowwater, but no luck. I'm doing -5 water for the ocean, and tried the grass on 5 and 10.

Any help is appreciated. I have had no luck with getting dragon to work properly, so I decided to try uolandscaper. dragon does the terrain properly, but not the statics. I may have to use the map.mul from dragon, and the statics from uolandscaper, but it will be a headache to maintain and sync 3 different bmp files then lol.

thank you!
Post automatically merged:

I was able to resolve the issue of the map not displaying correctly. I had the wrong format on centred :eek:. I forgot I was changing them all around for testing with dragon, so I put at the correct format and it showed properly. As you can see though, there's a problem with it not adding in some of the shallow water, but I can live with that lol. I'll have to fix that in centred.

I was then able to pack them back to uop format and use with the latest client and servuo without any problems.

I still would like to resolve the previous errors/messages in the post above though! Hopefully I can iron everything out.

I think we can benefit from an up to date how-to/tutorial on this, along with a youtube video (I think one doesn't exist for uolandscaper).

uol_success.png

Last edited:
Picture 1: Read the documentation directly in UO Landscaper. you need to have UOGOLD installed. Written in the windows registry in the program files folder. Then it will not throw this error and the other applications of the suite will work properly. Then copy your own files from the higher version of UO to the UOGold installation.

Picture 2: This is an informational message only, it's fine.

Picture 3: You must have the Import Files folder in the folder where the map is generated. And then the xml files you want to import into the generated map. This is very useful. When you repeat and correct maps, you don't have to build a structural engineer again. You can create such an xml file on runuo systems. Look in the UU Landscaper for the ExportUOL folder.

Coast: Check the Altitude.bmp image. I recommend generating it again with AltImagePrep.exe.

UO Landscaper is a very good set of tools and in my opinion better than Dragonmod. you just need to learn to work with it and understand how it works. In the future, you will be able to add new textures, transitions, and so on. I recommend using adobe photoshop, for it it is primarily a programmed set of applications.

I must have missed the uogold part... lol. I will see if I can find a copy to install.

That's very useful about the import files folder. I will take some time to learn that also.

I plan to do some videos to put on youtube on it in the future. I feel that will help many with visual tutorials, but I first need to learn the tools better.

Thank you for the information

Hello sorry to resume this post,
im having the same problem with the picture 1. There is no configuration file where i say where to get the file i want/need?

Back