Hi Hi,

I have been out of the game for sometime, I fell out of the emulator game not long after PlayUO and ServUO came about.
A friend and I were talking about having another mess around with the emulator, I still have old versions on my backups. I was running a custom map and had started to decorate it.

If I was to get back into it now what would be the best route, I will most likely have to start again but silly question but is ServUO the current most active fork of RunUO? If so I will start there and then try and remember how to set up custom maps again :D

Thanks All!

Welcome back, I would say ServUO is one of the top emulators for the game.

As far as custom maps go if you can't remember or find the information here you can always ask and I'm sure someone would be happy to help.

Hi Hi,

I have been out of the game for sometime, I fell out of the emulator game not long after PlayUO and ServUO came about.
A friend and I were talking about having another mess around with the emulator, I still have old versions on my backups. I was running a custom map and had started to decorate it.

If I was to get back into it now what would be the best route, I will most likely have to start again but silly question but is ServUO the current most active fork of RunUO? If so I will start there and then try and remember how to set up custom maps again :D

Thanks All!
I am by no means the authority, but based on my current experience, ServUO is fantastic.

In 2001ish I messed around with Sphereserver, several years later I was on a few different ones, during what I consider the "War of the Emulators" LOL
Shortly after I was on RunUO... That was oh... 8 years ago? I just came back to give this a solid go and the community here has been nothing but EPIC. Better than all the communities before.

Biggest piece of advice I can offer... it helped me greatly; join the ServUO Discord and be patient. :)

Welcome back and can't wait to see what you come up with!

Back