ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
Age Of Shadows
I recently posted a simple tutorial for changing UO art in bulk using Punts awesome batch program called BulkUO. Now it is possible to apply subtle effects without issue but when you use certain effects this issue arises... 1671423130480.png

So as you can see I've got a pretty sick color effect happening the only problem is i can figure out the difference in the texture tiles compared to the land tiles...

So I guess I'm hoping someone might have an idea on how to determine the difference in colors so that I can adjust the effects differently for the textures to try and compensate as a whole for the differences.

Im looking for help finding a solution to this that is scientific sorta so basically use a tool to determine all of the colors and how much there is of each color and then use the info to tune them in on eachother. I cannot find this program for the life of me.

Or perhaps you can tell from looking at the tiles side by side? I can't figure it out.

1671423870404.png
Look they are perfectly the same...
I drew a black layer between the texture and the cut out of the land tile... they are identical in color i dont see why the edges are so dark... :(
ok so I got this to work out perfectly imo... 1671425734744.png

just did +10 exposure and -10 shadows
But now the sand texture is off . . . :(
1671425845219.png
So on a final note I think I can avoid this issue as long as I dont do certain things in the photoworks photo editor... I'll have to do a trial and error...

Last edited:
Thanks Bitinok but I think I figured it out... It all comes down to the color levels and the effects you apply... Infact in default UO you can see that shading you are talking about so yes that is contributing to the darkness... Unfortunately it is being applied to anything that is a texture including mounds of sand which doesnt make much sense. This is my newest attempt...

1671478689707.png
The issue is that the sand tiles need to be fixed though...
1671478758804.png
It is extremely confusing as usual.

1 Textures are high res to reduce distortion in stretching. 2 Client automatically generates shadow effect to show elevation. I messed around with this awhile back and cheated it. I take a screen shot of the texture version in game then make my flat textures match using the textured version as my source images. A lot of work for the transitions though.
Example.png

1 Textures are high res to reduce distortion in stretching. 2 Client automatically generates shadow effect to show elevation. I messed around with this awhile back and cheated it. I take a screen shot of the texture version in game then make my flat textures match using the textured version as my source images. A lot of work for the transitions though.
View attachment 21069
BRO This is the best idea yet. It might actually be easy using this Photoworks program which is amazing at batch processing images.

The big hurdle is selecting the correct tiles without messing up in file explorer lol ive been raging being unable to make it through all of the textures without eicher draging them and making a copy or just passing them up its a big mess.
I'ts just sand and the sands too bright anyways... so yes this is the best idea yet for sure from you me or anyone lol... I think I may be able to get away with replacing the land tiles instead of the textures.
so

i dont think anything will work. What can only be done is That guy who makes ClassicUO makes an option to turn off the shadow. As the art will neever look authentic and perfect if you start trying to fix it at that point.

Last edited:
Back